Chapter 25

November 25th, 2028

Being kid free is such a great feeling right now

Being kid free is such a great feeling right now. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter but every once in a while, a mother deserves a break. Plus, it's Michael's birthday today so he wanted to spend it with his daughter.

He asked me to spend the day with him as well, but I told him no. I made that mistake already sleeping with him last month so no need to give him false hope. Especially when I am thinking about giving Kalin a chance.

Speaking of Kalin, I've been texting him since we exchange numbers the other day. We've just been getting to know one and another and I can say I miss judge him a lot. I know it might be too soon to say that, but it's just something about the conversations we have. It's like he's being himself and not trying to put on this role just to win me over.

But I still have my guard up though. I told myself if I was going to give this dating thing another try that I had to protect myself and not be that naïve 14 year old girl I once was. And not only that, I have to protect Angel as well. If I ever get serious with a guy, then he has to love my daughter like she's his own. I learned that just by observing how Shawn is with me and has been the perfect father figure since I was a child. Just having him in my life has inspired me to find a guy just like him.

"You know you're cute when you be day dreaming." Kalin said breaking me from my thoughts. I look at him through my phone and gave him a shy smile. Anytime he compliments me, I swear my entire face becomes red.

"Sorry was just thinking about something."

"It's okay as long as it was positive thoughts about me."

"Who said I was thinking about you?" I asked with a soft giggle. He playfully rolled his eyes then smiled.

"You don't have to stunt you were thinking about the kid. But don't worry, you were on my mind as well."

"Really?"

"Yup, I was wondering what your answer would be if I----

Kalin was interrupted by the banging at my door. It caused me to frown because I don't know who the hell thought it was okay to knock on my door like they were crazy.

"Your people 5-0 or something?" I heard him ask. I turned my attention back to my phone and shook my head no.

"I honestly don't know who's that. My parents don't even knock on my door like that."

"Well it seems like they're going to continue to knock until you answer, so you can go head and call me back later."

"You sure? It could just be my annoying little sister." 

He laughed, "I'm sure Lexi, talk to you later." I told him okay and he hung up.

Getting off my bed, angrily I stomped my way to see who was knocking on my door. I am going to be mad as hell if this is Blue trying to work my nerves.