Chapter 39

"BB, I want that one!" Angel pointed excitedly at the pink, white, and grey Nike gym shoes. I wanted to tell this little girl no but decided against it to avoid her throwing a tantrum in a public setting.

Picking up the shoes, I examined the price. It wasn't expensive but at the same time it wasn't on my list of things to get. Shawn and I were currently in kids Footlocker, shoe shopping for Sage for his upcoming birthday, but somehow Angel found her way in going with us and has been asking for everything in sight.

No wonder some parents don't bring their children to the store with them.

"I think Sage would rock the hell out of these." Shawn kind of shouted from across the store. He of course was on the boy's side looking for a pair of Jordan's that would compliment his son's birthday outfit. I don't know shit about gym shoes, so I am even surprise myself that I haven't caught hives being in here for so long.

Instead of being ignorant and yelling across the room like he did, I grabbed Angel's hand walked us over to his side.

Taking the shoes from his hand, I shrugged at it. Like I said before I don't know much about gym shoes especially Jordan's, so they didn't stand out to me. "I don't see anything special about it, but if you like it I love it."

Shawn frowned, "Baby don't you see how beautiful this color blue is? And how the white helps the color to pop and how---

"And how you're either going to buy the damn shoes or not. I am hungry and ready to go. We have been in this damn store long enough." He knew better then to argue with me so without another word he walked away to find a sale associate to get the correct size for Sage. I forgot to do that as well for Angel's shoe, so I had to find another associate myself to do the same thing.

In the mist of us waiting, I went to my Chase bank card app to see the sufficient damage that has been done to my bank account. It is only the first day of February and Shawn and I have already spend more than enough money on our youngest son.

Before we even stopped at Kid's footlocker, we had gone to Sky Zone to reserve a party room for 2 hours and that was costly due to us getting the package that included everything like pizza and drinks for the kids. Then we had to stop by Party City to get decorations and then head to a bakery shop to place an order for a two-layer Paw Patrol cake.

And the crazy part about all this is Shawn and I have spent so much money on Sage's birthday party then we have yet to include the funds that we will need for Lexi, because in another week it will be her 18th.

I already know she will be the one to put a dent in my damn pockets and I am not ready for it. I don't even know where to begin with her. 18-year-old celebrate their birthdays way different from how my era did when I was growing up.

"Do we have everything before we leave this mall?" Shawn asked as the cashier handed us our bags. I nodded my head before releasing a deep breath. One kid down another one to go. Thank God, Blue's birthday isn't until the summer. But I'm not that thankful tho, Shawn spoils that girl so much that I already know she's going to get everything and more.

"We should go to Steak and Shake since it's not that far and wouldn't be taking us out our way." I suggested as we got in the car. Shawn was buckling up Angel, so I don't even know if he heard me.

"That's cool with me." he replied letting me know he did.

The three of us sat in a booth, eating our food and enjoying small talk. Well, Shawn and I were mostly doing the talking. Angel was busy eating her food and coloring her kid's menu. Every now and then she would say something, and I would sit back and observe how precious and innocent she is.