Chapter 22

Nov. 21, 2028

It's six in the morning and I am tired as fuck. I don't want to go to work or even take these kids to school, but it's our last day before our little mini break so we might as well go.

I looked over at Shawn and he was sleeping so peacefully. I chuckled at him slightly snoring, poor baby was worn out.

We went at it til the crack of dawn and if I didn't know any better Shawn had so much pent up sexual frustration because the way he was coming was too much for me. If I wasn't on birth control we definitely would have conceived a child this morning.

Walking out of his man cave, I made my way upstairs. The kids are more likely still sleep since I haven't came into their rooms yet to wake them up. I already know they are going to be a bit late for school, but oh well.

I was shocked when I went into Blue's room and she wasn't in there. In fact, I didn't even notice that the bathroom in the hallway light was on. Between her and Sage's, she's the hardest to get up so I usually wake her up first.

I went towards the bathroom and she was standing by the sink, brushing her teeth, "Blue, sweetie you got up on your own?" She spitted out the toothpaste and washed her mouth out.

"No, Lexi woke me up. She's getting Sage and Angel ready right now." Huh, didn't expect that.

"Oh okay, did you guys eat already?"

"No, we haven't."

"Alright, Ima take a quick shower first then I'll fix y'all some breakfast." I gave her a kiss on the cheek then made my way to my room to get ready.

The time was now going on 7:15 am, yeah these kids are going to be late for sure. I wasn't trying to take a long shower, but the minute the hot water touched my skin, I got lost in my own world. Thinking of scenarios that might happened over this holiday. I don't think things will go too bad but with this family you may never know.

Shawn and I still need to talk about what happened between him and Foxy and I don't know when it will happen because from what I know Gloria and her irritating son, Quincy arrives today and she still doesn't know what is going on with Shawn and I. I'm not trying to put up a front but I also don't want to deal with drama when it's supposed to be peaceful.

Maybe we can just get her to babysit the kids for a couple of hours so that we can have this talk in peace. And now that I got some act right, I can listen to him calmly and not try to beat his ass for lying to me.

Heading to the kitchen, I smelled the aroma of food. I couldn't quite make it out so I don't know who was trying to cook. I know I told Blue I would cook them breakfast once I was done getting myself together, but I guess they couldn't wait for me any longer.

"Why does it smell like burnt toast." I mumbled as I made my way into the kitchen. I frowned when I saw the kids eating cereal and Lexi eating on a bagel. "Why does it smell like something been burnt?"

"I tried making them eggs and toast" Lexi answered. "But that didn't go as planned."

"How you burn the toast? Did you set the toaster longer than it should have been?"

"It wasn't the toast she burnt." Blue said while snickering. Lexi shot her a look then rolled her eyes.

All I could do was laugh, "It's not funny mom, I can't cook for nothing."

"It's okay you got to practice to be perfect, but next time let someone know when you want to cook some eggs. I don't need you burning the house down." She just nodded her head and finished eating her bagel.