Chapter 31

Dec. 2, 2028

You ready for the night? I read as I flat ironed my hair in the bathroom. A smile slowly creep upon myself as I answered that question in my head. Of course, I was ready for the night. I was nervous but excited to see him. Honestly, I had all types of emotions running through me right now, but those were the main two.

I took a two second break from my hair to text him back. Yup I love Bryson Tiller. I chuckle to myself as I pressed send. I know he wasn't referring to concert but just to tease him a bit I sent that instead.

I didn't think I would still be going out tonight though. I was nervous to tell my mom and Shawn about the date. Only because of what they just had to deal with Michael. I still don't know what Shawn said or did to him, but I think it was a bit severe because Michael won't even answer my calls at all.

I had gone to T-Mobile yesterday after they had come back from whatever they went. I was able to get a new phone with no problem and was even able to upgrade to the latest iPhone. Thank God for insurance. Once I left T-Mobile I called Michael because I had remembered that he was keeping Angel today so that I didn't have to worry about asking my parents to babysit for the night. Despite me not wanting her over there for a while we did have an agreement for tonight.

Yeah well now he wants to be an immature a-hole and not answer his phone at all. I don't know if he has me on block or what.

I had to put my nerves to the side and ask my parents if they could keep her. Surprisingly they said yes, but under one condition.

They wanted to meet Kalin.

I am scared for him to meet them. My mom had already let me know I was not walking out this house and going on a date with someone they have not met yet. I really didn't want them to meet him until I knew he was someone I wanted to be with, but I understand why they want me to introduce him.

Finishing my hair, I flat iron one last part then cut them off. My usual curly hair was now straight with a little bounce to it. I walked out the bathroom and headed to my room where I had my full-length mirror to take a body picture. I was looking too cute to not post one picture of myself.

As soon as I posted the picture, my phone went off with notification of people's likes and comments on Facebook and Instagram

As soon as I posted the picture, my phone went off with notification of people's likes and comments on Facebook and Instagram. I posted it on Snapchat too, but I wasn't going to check for the views.

I was putting the finishing touches to my outfit when Angel walked into my room. Her little stomach was poking out, so I knew she had just got done eating. It was 6 in the evening, so I am sure my mom either cooked or Shawn went out to get something to eat.

"Hey baby girl, did you just get done eating?" I looked down at her as she slowly nodded her head. "What you eat?"

"Rice!" She answered loudly. That was what she called Chinese food since that's all she eats from it.