Chapter 7

"Nigga, you stay cheating."

Zane laughed as he shot the winning basket "Naw you just mad that you and your team suck ass."

I've been over at Zane's house for the past two hours just playing some 2k, the new edition was coming out in a few weeks so we were basically prepping ourselves for it.

Plus, I needed to get out of the damn house for a while.

It's been somewhat World War III in the Carter's household. Bey still is giving me somewhat of a cold shoulder all because of what she thinks I am keeping from her about the whole Foxy thing, then Lexi is being a grouch herself. I don't know what has her acting like something is stuck up her butt but she's been having an attitude since yesterday.

I didn't even want to be around the negative environment anymore so I just grabbed Blue and Sage and told Bey we would be at Zane and Logan's house for a while. Blue is upstairs playing with their daughter Deja and Sage was down here in the basement with Zane and I watching us play the game. He actually has a tablet he can play on but I guess what we are doing is more exciting to him.

"You wanna play another round or you tired of getting your ass whooped?" He asked while going to the home menu.

"I don't have shit else to do so gone head, maybe after this we can play call of duty."

He nodded his head and put the game back on 2 player mode, "I don't know if you been peeped this or what, but you see our wives haven't been hanging out." He brought up.

I chuckle realizing what he was saying was true. I haven't put much thought into it because I chalked it up as them being too busy to hang out, but it's been an entire week and Bey has been on vacation so yeah it is weird that they haven't hung out.

"Now that you mention it you're right. I tried to talk to Bey about it at her birthday dinner and she just gave me a blank stare. Wouldn't even mention why Logan wasn't there and when she did show up they didn't even kick it."

"You think something serious happened between them?"

I shook my head no, "Naw if it was I think we would have known by now. They probably would have been on some bullshit like, we can't hang out with each other. You know how women can get when they mad at someone, we gotta be mad at the person as well."

Zane laughed and nodded his head, "Hell yeah, Logan does that bullshit all the time."

"Eventually we'll get to the bottom of it. They are more than likely having a petty disagreement and want to be stubborn to see who will be the bigger person first." I said trying to reason out why they weren't speaking to each other.

We were picking out the team we wanted when Sage started hitting me on my arm to get my attention. I looked down at him and asked what did he want.

"Daddy, I want some juice."

"Okay" I got up from the couch and went over to the fridge that Zane has placed down here. It was no surprise when I saw that he mainly had beer down here. "Damn you don't have anything else to drink down here but beer."

"Do you have anything but beer in your fridge, down in your man cave?" Aight he makes a good point.

"Come on Sage we gotta go upstairs to get something to drink." Happily, he got off the couch and followed me up the stairs.

Making our way to the kitchen, I could hear laughing going on. I already knew Logan was here so I wasn't scared off to go into the kitchen, I just hope whatever company she has doesn't try to be on some weird shit. Staring at me trying to figure out who I am to her.