Chapter 11

Oct 18, 2028

I can see it in your eyes, you're angry
Regret got shit on what you're feeling now
Mad 'cause he ain't like me
Oh you mad 'cause nobody ever did it like me
All the care I would take, all the love that we made
Now you're trying to find somebody to replace what I gave to you

I hummed the lyrics to Drake's Shot for Me as the song played through my headphones. I am currently in the library working on my study guide for my AP Psychology class. Seniors have to take midterms next week on Monday and Tuesday and I have to study like crazy. My grades are not where they need to be, and I can only blame myself for that.

I have been slacking due to my mind being all fucked up from seeing my dad last month in Walmart. I wish seeing him didn't have so much effect on me because I haven't seen this man in over a year, but at the end of the day he's still my father and I do worry about him at times.

He has been blowing my phone up so much, begging me to come see him so that we can talk. But I just ignored each text and phone call. It has gotten so bad that I had to put him on the block list.

Despite me worrying about him I didn't need to talk to him so that I could listen to some bullshit story as to why he hasn't seen me in a year and how he's back because of such and such reason. I don't want to hear it or deal with it.

But curiosity did get the best of me. I was hoping that he was just in Walmart shopping and so happen to wear the same colors as the employees, but I was proven wrong. I know someone who works there and kindly ask them did a Kenneth Rogers work there as well and she confirmed that he does.

My father, who wants had his own business, is now working as an employee at Walmart. That's sad as hell if you ask me.

But at the end of the day whatever happened is nothing but his karma finally catching up to him and I don't really feel sorry for him.

But it does annoy me that as much as I don't want to think about my dad and be stressed about it. Somehow, he has taken up my thoughts. I haven't told my mom or anyone about this, so I guess that is probably the reason I have been so stressed about it which caused me to do so poorly in school over the past month.

I already know for me to feel better and be back focus is to vent about this to someone, but in the meantime, I am going to concentrate on passing my midterms so that my grades can go back up.

My playlist shuffled to Nivea's 25 Reasons causing my mood to shift dramatically. I don't know what it is about this song, but I love it so much. I went from softly humming the previous songs that were playing to know singing the words aloud to this song. I don't think I'm too loud so I'm good.

I'll give you 25 reasons why I'm really in love with you

I can give you 25 reasons why I'm never leaving you

I was in my own world, singing the lyrics as if I was really in love until I felt someone tapping me on my shoulder. Taking one of my head phones out, I turned to my left to see who it was.