Chapter 18

Nov. 1, 2028

Is it a shame that I have been avoiding my mom because I fear for my life right now?

It's been days since she caught me and Michael together and she has not said anything about it just yet. I've been making sure to stay out her way so that I won't end up missing. My mom has showed me her crazy side when she's fed up and I do not need a repeat of Christmas day, 3 years ago when she beat my ass for having sex.

I've been contemplating if it would be smart to go apologize, but I think it will be ignored.

Sleeping with Michael the other night was not a part of my plan at all. Hell, he wasn't even the original person I called to come get me from the party.

I had called China actually to come get me, but she was out with her parents, so she couldn't. And since it wasn't an emergency I didn't trip about it. The only other person I knew with a car besides my parents were Michael, so I called him up right after he got off work.

I was pretty buzzed when he came and got me, but my mind wasn't on sex just yet. I was honestly in the mood to go home and go to sleep since my parents had Angel for the night. Michael tried to act fake mad about my costume being too much and how I shouldn't be drunk at a party where I am not familiar with the people and so on. It's like once he said something about how good I look in my costume and how he knew guys were looking at me kind of turned me on. I don't know why but I enjoyed hearing him being jealous.

So, to make a long story short I told him it would be a while before my parents come home, so if he wanted to, we could get one in. Not denying my offer he quickly drove us to my house.

I know I shouldn't have had sex in my parent's home, but if I'm being truthful this isn't the first time we did it in their house. It's the first time we have gotten caught, but there have definitely been other times where I was home alone and when I was in the mood who else better to call then my child's father who at that time was my boyfriend as well.

But I just hate the look of disgust my mom had when she walked in on us. I wish I had heard them come in so that Michael could have ran into my bathroom and all of this would have never happened.

I took a deep breathe before releasing it. I know I need to apologize to my mother and even though she may not want to see my face right now, it's still best if I say something to her.

I'll do it when I come home, right now I am visiting my dad in the hospital. My first two classes have subs, so I didn't see the necessary reason to attend. I'll make it to school by third period.

His condition hasn't change not one bit. He's still in a coma and his injuries are still evident. The doctor told me and my grandmother that since it was such a bad accident that it will take a long time before his injuries will heal.

That's if he even survives.

Just thinking about my father dying is breaking my heart. Yes, he wasn't the best father but still, I love him, and I will hate to have to bury him.

"What you're over there thinking about?" My grandmother asked me. We were sitting in silence just observing my dad.

"I wish he would just wake up." I softly replied. "He's only been in this coma for two weeks but even that's too long. I need him to wake up now."

My grandmother stretched her arm out and placed her hand on my back as she softly rubbed it, "Baby just give it time. Your father is a fighter, he's going to get through this."

"But what if he doesn't."

"Can't be thinking of the negatives, gotta have a positive mind. Your father will survive this okay." I didn't say anything just stared at his face wishing he could say something.