2.00

Tyler leaned in and he hugged her as she dried her eyes on the backs of her sleeves.

Josh nodded, tapped his foot a little and said, "I love you more." He narrowed his eyes and tried oh so hard not to smile, but of corse it didn't work.

"So..." Brendon asked. He continued twiddling his thumbs as Bella sat up a little on the couch.

Josh and Tyler had literally just left.

Neither teenager dared to speak until they knew for sure that the car had pulled away.

"So." Bella repeated sternly as she made her way back over to the boy after she'd locked the front door.

"We need to talk." Brendon scooted closer to Bella once again and picked up her hand. "I know that you remember."

"Ugh. I hate the words 'We need to talk.' It makes me think of like... dead pets and breakups." She frowned and tugged her hand away. Not right now, she thought. I can't hold it right now.

"Bella... can we at least try and be serious right now?" Brendon was trying not to act like a dad. He really was, but he knew what was best for his smaller best friend. He really did.

"We? We or me Bren?" She smiled a little as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Bella, really." In truth Brendon felt like collapsing right then and there on Bella's living room couch.

"Okay fine, I remember... A-And before you ask, yeah. She was bullying me but I'm sure it'll stop now." Bella lifted her head from his shoulder but refused to look him in the eyes, mostly because of how petrified she was of his response. Would he figure it out that it wasn't only one girl? Was he going to ask about when she fell in the mud a few weeks ago? Was he going to tell her dads?

"Belle you have to tell your dads." Brendon pleaded. He didn't want it to get worse. He knew Bella would just fall down the same self hatred hole she fell down two years ago.

"No. There's nothing to even say." She started playing with the bottom of her friend's lose black hoodie that she bought for him last Christmas.

"Come on." He pulled himself up from the couch. "Let's do something. I'm bored."

"So no more with this conversation?" She regretted asking as soon as she let he words slipped out.

"Well like your dads said, this conversation's not over." Brendon mocked.