3.07

Tyler's eyes both lit up and widened at the same time. He truly loved the idea of his two favorite little people being happy in a relationship. except he didn't want his daughter getting hurt.

I guess that's the only reason parents don't really support relationships at young ages; they want to protect their kids. And Tyler's no exception.

Furthermore, Josh felt his hear drop with both excitement and pity. Of course, it would make sense that he was also intrigued about this new little couple, but also worried about the outcome of this.

The only reason that Bella's heart got stuck in her throat was that she knew her dads better than anyone else. She knew they wouldn't like the idea of her relationship because of the fact that a relationship means a breakup and that means a heartbreak, no matter how it ends. And much as Bella loves Brendon, she'd rather break up with him than worry her dads.

Jenna could only stand there.

"Kiddo." Josh laughed. "You look so scared. Relax." He looked over at Tyler. "We fully support the two of you."

"Hey, I mean as long as you love me more, go ahead, have fun... But not too much fun. And use protection." Tyler smirked. Josh playfully rolled his eyes and nodded towards Jenna. He figured she forced the two into this.

To Josh, Bella was this little box.
Hiding all these secrets.
The box is always locked.
All Josh wants to do is unlock it.
Except he never can.
And Jenna is a bit of a key,
forcing the box open
and giving Josh everything he wants from it.

But no matter what kind of secrets are actually inside the box, he still loves it.

And to Tyler, Bella is just a replica of him.

You see, Tyler dealt with a lot when he was younger, but he never went with any of it to his parents because he felt like a burden when he did that. So Tyler will constantly make it clear that he's always there for Bella, even if she seems perfectly okay to him.
But he always checks in on her.

So- without romanticising mental health- Tyler got this idea that Bella would always be able to go to Brendon with her troubles. Instantly, he fell in love with the idea of the two helping each other through their awkward, frustrating teenage years.

"Sir," Brendon started. He shivered while using that word. He hated it. "if you don't mind my asking," once again, he hated that, "can Bella and I still be a thing."

Josh stifled a laugh.

Tyler smacked him on the chest.

"Look, we approve because we trust you, Bren." Josh smiled, still finding the boy's word choice really stupid.

"Ok cool."

"But don't cheat on her. Or let her get bullied. Or bully her. Or ignore her. Or forget about her. Or forget about me saying this. Or f-"

"Tyler shut up," Jenna ordered.

Bella giggled.

Brendon's face went red.

Tyler and Josh awed at the two. They liked it better now that the couple was going to be open.

"Go, before they start drooling." The teenagers were pushed out the door by the woman before they could say anything else.

____
a/n:
i'm seeing 5sos tomorrow !!!