2.01

"Yes and?" Brendon had his arm wrapped around Bella's shoulder as they 'watched' some random Disney movie.

In the beginning of the night both kids were excited to watch the movie but after they started talking they just couldn't stop.

"It's just not as cool when you go swimming in a regular pool. Wave pools are cooler." Bella laughed and dug her head deeper into Brendon's chest.

"But wouldn't you rather just swim in the ocean?" He laughed and ran a hand through Bella's hair.

Just then a phone started to ring.

Brendon put his hand to his pocket to see if it was his. He shook his head at Bella.

"One sec. maybe it's my dads." Bella sat up and went into the kitchen where her phone was charging next to the toaster.

She picked it up without checking who it was and answered.

"Hello?" She smiled at the boy on the couch crossing his eyes at her.

"Oh... Okay." She sighed, completely upset at the conversation that she knew was approaching fast.

"No? Why would I do that?" She walked a little closer to Brendon for the emotional support.

Everything okay? Brendon mouthed.

Bella shrugged.

"Yeah sure Dad." She replied while rolling her eyes.

"Love you too..." She finally hung up and shook her head at Brendon.

"What happened?" He asked.

Brendon probably should have put it together that it was about him, but he didn't. Why would he? He's smart, not clever.

"They don't trust me. They thing we're gonna like make out on my couch or something. I dunno." She crossed her arms and leaned her head on Brendon's shoulder.

"Well. D-Do you want to?" He smirked.

"Brendon wh-"

"I like you." He blurted out. "I know it's weird because of how close we are, but I like you. I like you a lot. You probably don't like me back and I'm sorry if I just threw away our whole entire friendship but..." His voice trailed off and Brendon sat there, awestruck that he did that.

"Bren, really?" She picked her head up off his shoulder. "I-I like you too. Oh my god. This is so cool?"

"Are you asking me?" Brendon laughed. He felt relieved. Relieved that the girl he'd had a crush on for a while now liked him back. And relieved that she didn't like Ryan Ross. And relieved that she didn't die because of that party.

Not even relieved just so, so happy.

_____
A/n: gross