4.06

That night, the whole crew had previously decided together that they were to stay in a hotel up the street from the venue. They paid for every single room that wasn't already taken and assigned a bodyguard to Brendon, Bella, and Jenna for in the hotel, (but not to share rooms with since the idea- only brought up once by Tyler- freaked Bella out).

Tyler and Jenna had to share a room- just in case- but they made sure there were 2 beds. One for each of them. They managed that by telling the owner of the hotel himself that the family would, of course, be sleeping alongside their daughter too and that Tyler really didn't feel like sharing a bed with 2 other people two nights before a sold-out show.

The sound guys, light guys, tuning guys, photographers, managers, and everyone else who was touring with the duo picked who they slept with that night on their own.

But Josh, Bella, and Brendon had a slight dilemma.
Josh executively decided that he would sleep in the same room as his daughter since he wanted to make sure to be there if anything happened that night.

"Dad, please!" Bella begged. 30 seconds ago she had found herself asking Josh casually if her and Brendon could share a room alone together or maybe even with Jenna, but definitely not with her dad.

If she had put the slightest bit of effort into asking him, perhaps he wouldn't have reacted so poorly to her question.

"I already told you no and that's final." He ordered. "J has to sleep with Tyler and I don't trust the two of you. You always find trouble no matter where you are." He added with a hint of sarcasm located in there somewhere.

"Okay but come on. I thought you could trust me!" She whined. "I mean, you're supposed to trust me, I'm your daughter!"

"Well, I do trust you. A little. But not this one." He stuck out a mean index finger out at Brendon and rolled his eyes. Brendon just shook his head and took Bella's backpack off her shoulders.

Everyone was pilling out of the buses and heading into their respective hotel rooms. Tyler and Jenna were more towards the front of the small army than these three just so they'd be less likely to be recognized if any fans were in the lobby. At midnight, may I add.

"Especially not after what you pulled today with the song." He continued. Wait to quit while you're ahead, Josh. He thought to himself. "And she can carry her own bag." Now you've done it. What a great dad you are.

Brendon and Bella both shared a scared look.

Bella felt her health decline rapidly during today's concert and was decided to take it easy- not that Josh would know- and she really would've loved to have been able to take the bag but she was worried about somehow showing her dads that something actually was really wrong with her.

"Or I'll take it. Gimme." Josh held his hand out for the bag.

Brendon just stared at him.

Josh reached for the bag but Brendon pulled his shoulder away.

"She has cancer, doesn't she?" He asked with a blank expression while looking Josh in the eyes for once. Brendon rarely ever did that because in spite of his tough-guy attitude, there was nothing he feared more than angering Joshua Dun.