Waking the zombie

"Are you ready to get to make-up, poor things are going to have a hard job on their hands today". Melina asked him after he downed the fourth cup of coffee.
He got up and stretched slowly and Melina couldn't help but stare, those jeans were awfulle low cut, and she got a glimpse of dark curls when he stretched fully out.
She realised she had been busted, when he smirked at her. "Why don't you take a picture ? It'll keep longer".
"I.. Oh just shut up Tom". She blushed badly and hurried out of the trailer. Tom followed her, pulling on a T-shirt.
He took a couple of long strides to keep up with her. "I talked to Gertrude, they are very happy about all the press coverage the show gets".
"Yeah, I talked to her too, I wanted her to end this, but someone beat me to it and kind of twisted the story". She looked up at him.
He bit his lip. "Whoops, I don't know why I did that, couldn't really tell her the truth, I actually tried to convince her to stop this, but she think we would get a big backlash if we do".
"Oh, well I guess that it's true". She thought he had tried to stop her from ending this, she hadn't expected him to have been trying to end it.
She opened the door for the make-up trailer. "Hallo ladies, I hope you can pull of some magic and make this one look a little less like a zombie, even though it ain't gonna be easy".
Tom sent her an insulted glare walking past her, smiling sweetly at the make-up ladies. "Hallo ladies, guess I am needing a bit of freshing up".
Melina sat down waiting for him, she wasn't convinced he would make it all the way on set on his own.
He seemed a lot more like himself now and she watched him flirting with the make-up ladies, thinking he actually was both sweet and charming when he wanted to be.
"Wow you actually look almost alive again". They had just walked out the make-up trailer and she smiled at him teasingly, except for being a tad pale and tired looking, he was almost back to normalt.
He glared at her, but then smiled. "Ha ha such a comedian, but I guess I earned that one, fuck this is going to be a long day".
When they were almost on set, he suddenly grabbed her hand, stopping her in her track, turning her to face him. "Melina I truly am sorry for what I did last night, I guess I panicked".
"Panicked ? Why on earth would you panic ? You were the one starting it". She looked up at him, not sure what to think, alot of the anger from the night before were gone, but she was still mad at him.
He bit his lip, almost chewing on it. "I realised you would hate me today if I went through with it, and I couldn't see any good way out, so I panicked, that was really uncool".
"I can agree on that, but well I guess you are right, I would have been pretty pissed today, probably think you had been taking advantage". She hated when he was right.
"So maybe we could, you know try and act civilised toward each other ? Like I told Gertrude, I won't be doing that again, I promise". He looked at her waiting for an answer.
She had to work with him and pretend to date him, so she nodded. "Okay we can do that, but yes please keep your hands to yourself, thanks".
"Thank you, I promise to behave all professional and be a good boy". He made an almost angelic face.
She sent him a glance telling him she didn't trust him at all. "I don't believe you are capable of that".
The director wasn't happy at all when they arrived, Tom apologised again and again, and promised it would never happen again.
Gertrude came over to Melina, while she was watching a scene she wasn't in. "Well Melina, what was that about ?"
"I don't think you wanna know honestly, it wasn't pretty and it included almost an entire bottle of whisky and someone who felt very sorry for himself, but amazingly enough he seem to be able to pull through the day". She sent her a smile.
Gertrude shook her head. "Thank you for taking care of that Melina, especially since you don't care much for him in the first place".
"Well if he isn't here, I can't do my job, so no problem". She shrugged, and got ready to go back on set.
They rest of the day actually went well, and she was amazed that Tom actually pulled through the day and remembered his lines.