Acting the part

"Please Kiss me Tom". Melina put her arms around his neck, whispering into his ear in an amorous tone. There was a break in shooting and she had just had to kiss Simon again for a scene.
He looked at her surprised, his hands gripping her waist by instinct. "Just to be curious, can I ask you why ?"
"Well, we are supposed to look like we are dating right ? So wouldn't it be the normal thing to do, when I have just kissed someone else ? I mean also for you to be wanting to show who is my man and oh fuck it, I need a proper kiss.. just kiss me Tom". She rolled her eyes.
He pushed a strain of hair behind her ear and smiled at her. "Well you could just have said that. I am happy to help you out of your misery".
His lips caught hers and she sighed against his mouth, this was how a kiss should feel like, his lips so soft but wanting against hers.
When he stopped the kiss, he simply rested his forehead against hers, and they stood like that until the director called Melina back on set.
Anni caught her eyes, lifting one eyebrow questioning, Melina knew what she was thinking, but no, there was nothing going on, she had just needed a real kiss. One that made her toes curl.

The next day she was standing with Anni, talking about the grand premier party for the launch of season 2, it was the next evening.
"What time should I pick you up tomorrow darling ?" Tom's arms snaked around her waist from behind, and she leaned into him sighing.
Without thinking she put her hands on top of his, entwining their fingers. "Half an hour before the party should be fine, don't you think ?"
"Sounds perfect, will my car be okay, or do you want me to get a limo ?" He kissed the top of her head.
She turned her head to look up at him and he leaned down, his lips ghosting over hers, before she answered. "Your car will do just fine sweetie".
"Then it's a date, see you later". He gave her one last soft kiss, before leaving them.
Anni was standing with her arms crossed, looking at her accusingly, Melina glanced at her. "What now Anni ?"
"Do you still want me to believe that you hate that man ? And that there is absolutely nothing going on ? Because you know you don't have to pretend here, especially when I am the only one around". Anni said.
Melina sighed. "Well okay maybe I don't hate him anymore, but I haven't forgiven him either and it is just easier to keep up the pretence".
"Oh well just keep telling yourself that right, for Gods sake Melina, I know he hurt you and that he can be really annoying sometimes, but mostly he does stupid things because he likes you, so what about getting past the past ?" Anni started walking toward the costume department.
Melina yelled after her. "Please stop saying that, he doesn't like me, not in that way at least".
Anni didn't answer, she just held up her hand, to signal that she didn't want to hear what Melina had to say.
Melina stood alone, did he really like her ? She was starting to fear that Anni might be right, how on earth should she handle that ? It would just make everything more difficult.
And how did she truly feel about him ? She wasn't so sure about herself anymore, but it didn't really matter, she could never trust him, when he had fucked her, an almost stranger while he was married, what would she risk him doing behind her back if they were dating ?
No, no matter that she didn't hare him, and that he was sexy, passionated, sometimes sweet and impossible charming, she just couldn't get past what had happened.