Her.

Peri's POV

I slumped down on my coach, sighing.

Finally home. Work is more mentelly draining then anything, but I couldn't stop my smile as i lifted the folder up.

MY first case.

I set it down, staring at it for a sec. Debating on whether to read it yet.

No, I'll take a shower first.

I slipped off my uniform, a simple black tee and black pants, and stepped in, letting the warm water run over me before starting to wash.

As I did, my mind started to wander.

I wonder who my partner will be? Chief sounded upset about it. Maybe he thought I didn't need one?

I hoped it was as simple as that.

I stepped out, wrapping a towel around me and going into my bedroom.

I threw on some random sweats and a t shirt, then went back to my living room and sat down, picking up the folder.

As I opened it, a knock came from my door. I growled in annoyance, setting the folder down under some other papers I had and walked over to the door.

I opened it and there stood a unfamiliar girl. Her hair was short, but... thick? And was black with blue tips.

She smiled at me. "Hello i... umm..." she froze blushing a little.

"Do you need something or are you just gonna stand there?"

I had better things to do than talk to this girl.

She looked down at a paper in her hands.

"I'm sorry... I uh... I think I have the wrong adress?"

I raised my eyebrow. "Are you looking for someone?"

She nodded. "Does a uhh.... peridot... Greene live around here? I'm supposed to meet him."

I was shocked. This girl wanted to talk to me? Why? Did she just say him? She thought I was a boy?

This girl was already trying my patience. But I decided to find out more. I leaned against the door frame.

"What if he did? Why do you wanna talk to him?"

She looked embarrassed. Good. I wanted her to, then maybe she would leave.

"I... well..." she froze again. I wanted to laugh at her. It was kindof cute.

She sighed. "N-nevermind. I'm sorry for disturbing you." She looked at the paper again and walked back down the hall. I watched her go, still confused.

It doesn't matter. Who ever that... clod was, she isn't important to me. I turned around, closing the door and heading back to my couch. Where I picked up the file once again.

[A/N *wink wink*]