1

Sophia

Sitting on my bed, I stared down at my hands where I held my mothers necklace that she gave to me just days before she had passed away from lung cancer. Wiping the tears that escaped down my cheek two slight knocks sounded on my door, I looked up to see one of my mothers best friends Selena standing in the doorway.

''Hey.'' I managed to say, my voice cracking a little. Selena and I got along really well, she usual came over on a Sunday but only whenever she was in town. Selena lived in Chicago with her husband Justin and their kids, who I knew but only through social media and because they were Justin Bieber's children but I never met them as they never traveled here with Selena. "How are you holding up babe?" She asked suddenly appearing at my side, I shrugged my shoulders sighing as I laid my head on her shoulder.

"I miss her." I whispered just as a tear slipped down my cheek onto my dress. "Me too." She sighed and we sat in silence for a few moments before she spoke again.

"Soph I know you've no other family to take care of you and that you don't want to go live in an orphanage, so I just got off the phone with my husband Justin and he thinks it would be a good idea if you came to live with me and my family in Chicago, but it's totally your decision if you don't want to and I won't force you too." She played with my hair and I smiled at what she said.

Sitting up suddenly, I was almost close to crying again. "Are you sure Selena? You would let me come live with you? I would feel like such a burden to you and your family though." Selena shook her head with a serious face.. "No, I want you to come live with me and my crazy family. I don't want you too go live somewhere with complete strangers, something could happen to you and I wouldn't know about it. Justin and I would love to have you come live with us, I'm sure my kids will love you just as much as I do." I quickly wrapped my arms around her, squashing her petite frame. "Okay, I'll come live with you, thank you so much Selena." I shut my eyes almost crying as she wrapped her arms around me hugging me as tightly as she could. ''Don't worry, it was also your mom's request that I take you under my wing babe.'' She whispered rubbing my back and the tears fell down my already stained cheeks.

"You start packing your things and only take the most important things because we can always go shopping later. I'll be just downstairs talking to everybody else, okay?" She asked and I nodded, she smiled kissing my forehead and leaving my room. I sat on my bed for another few minutes thinking of how my life ended up like this. I laughed a little of how I could start my life again when I get to Chicago, a new home, new family, new school, new friends and whole new life.

Jumping off the bed, I rushed around my room pulling clothes from my wardrobe and doing what Selena told me to do. Only to take what was important.

Selena

Sipping away on my red wine, I chatted to some of my other friends I met through Evie. "She's just a scared sixteen year old, she has nobody else to turn to now that Evie isn't here anymore and that's why I decided that I will have her live with Justin and I." I said, giving them my opinion on Sophia's situation. "Are you sure Selena? You have a family of your own to look after." Carol said, giving me the ''are you crazy?'' look.

"She's just lost her mom and she has nobody else, she needs a fresh start and I want to give it to her. I'll be going to the adoption center in a few days, I want her to feel like she isn't alone in this world and that there is a family out there that wants to look after her." I shrugged my shoulders and sipped on my red wine,

Taking Soph to live with Justin and I wouldn't bother me, it's like getting another child and completing my family because I've always wanted a large family and now I have one. "If that's what you want." Carol snagged before lifting her wine glass to her lips. "It is Carol now I'm going to go and check on her, see whats taking her so long."

Turning my back to the group of girls I rolled my eyes and walked up the stairs. "Soph why don't you come live with me? You barely know Selena's family! She lives in Chicago and do you really want move that far from me?" A familiar voice yelled and I could hear Harlow crying. ''Selena is family to me and I certainly wouldn't like to stay with you and your twenty different boyfriends Hailey." Sophia said in a cold voice and I smiled at her standing up for herself. Snapping back to reality I gripped the white glossy banister with my hand rushing up the steps. Walking towards Sophia's room, the door was closed shut. I gripped the golden round handle and swung open the door revealing one person I hated more than life it's self. "Is there a problem here?" I asked raising a brow, crossing my arms as Hailey turned around with a fake smile and a face full of make up.

"Selena, here to save the day like you always do?" Hailey crossed her arms over her chest with a smirk playing on her lips. ''Hailey you were blacklisted from the funeral by Evie, what are you doing here?'' I raised an eyebrow and Hailey smiled. ''I've come to try convince my little darling niece not to go live with someone like you.'' She rolled her eyes at me and I scoffed. ''And you really want her to live with someone like you? You the one exact one, what Soph said, who has twenty different boyfriends?'' I smirked and Hailey scoffed shaking her head. '' Sophia you're coming to live with me end of, get your stuff.'' Hailey said turning to Sophia and gripping her on the forearm.

"No, I'm not Hailey. I'm going to Chicago to live with the Bieber family and I don't care what you say." I looked at Sophia who just rolled her eyes at Hailey and tugging out of Haileys grip, a smile formed upon my lips. "Don't you think you've caused enough trouble Baldwin?" I raised an eyebrow at Hailey who grinded her teeth at Sophia.

Hailey rolled her eyes before grabbing her black jacket and strutting out past me. "This isn't over Selena. You've taking everything that I wanted from me, I won't let you take my only family too." She whispered into my ear before leaving. I sighed making my way over to Sophia who engulfed me into a hug.

"Thank you." She whispered before pulling away and grabbing her suitcase.

***

Imagine if this picture of Jelena was real🙄First chapter down and there is already drama with Hailey! 🤭 Hope you guys enjoyed ❤️

First chapter down and there is already drama with Hailey! 🤭 Hope you guys enjoyed ❤️

Love & Peace

C.L