35

Selena

Nobody told me how hard it would be telling my own children that their uncle had killed himself. How he hadn't thought about them before he did what he did. How he never thought about Justin, Bay, Jaxon, Jazmyn, Pattie, Jeremy or Chelsey, his whole family.

"I got him back and now he's gone again." Pattie cried in the kitchen as we all gathered in her house for the casket opening. "I cannot believe my baby is gone." She weeped into my arms as I watched Justin talk to Jeremy, Josh and Jaxon.

Hailey was here somewhere in the house, probably talking to Sophia to get her to change her mind but I knew where Soph's mind was.

Her mother never wanted her to go to Hailey, she wanted me and Justin to be Sophia's guardians, someone who was already a mother figure to her, someone who wanted her safe and someone who made sure she had food in her stomach and a bed to sleep in at night.

"How did I not notice?" Pattie weeped and I shook my head closing my eyes. "Nobody could have saved him."

"I wish I could have." She cried and I nodded in agreement. "Me too, me too." I whimpered.

"Listen, why don't you go for a lie down upstairs then refresh yourself. I'll take care of everything." I said and she nodded caressing my cheek before slowly walking out of the kitchen. Justin followed her down the hall and she fell into his arms. He just looked at me and I stared at him as I watched him help Pattie up the stairs.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Is all I got as I walked past people into the living room where I watched Jessica lay her head on Jason's chest. "How could you do this to me? I thought you were my best friend, we told each other everything Jay." She talked as Jason's favorite song played on loop in the background.

"Do you remember the time we first met? You and the whore, walked into the house and I didn't want you to ever leave, so you never did."

She spoke going back to the old times.

"I had you wrapped around my finger, you were a second father to me when dad got on my nerves. I mean he still does but how could I be angry with him when all I have is him to remind me of you because your identical, but he's still not you Jay." She spoke before shaking her head and sitting u, shooting her eyes on me. "Mom."

"I wasn't prying." I held up my hands and she shook her head and held out her hand. I happily took it and sat next to her, staring at Jason and his millions of tattoos and piercings. "He's in a better place now Jess." I spoke and she gave me a tight smile. "I know." She nodded but the tears still fell. "I just can't believe he's gone."

"I know baby." I said kissing the top of her head. Justin knocks on the door and stepped in, Jess just looking at him. "Can I speak to you Jess?" He spoke and I looked her who just nodded, I kissed her head before standing up and kissing Justin on the cheek. "Thank you." I said whispering and walked out of the room.

Walking back into the kitchen I watched them both talk through the glass door with a glass of white wine in my hand. "Selena." I heard a stern firm voice which made me freeze in my spot. "Can we talk?" Hailey asked and I slowly turned my head toward her, she had a small smile as she looked at Justin and Jessica talking then hugging. "Sure." I spoke as I guided her out towards the backyard.

"What do you want Bailey?" I asked frustrated looking her in the eyes, digging for any answers.

"I know me being here is wrong."

"You think?"

"I'm here to apologize. I ruined your perfect happy family."

"Isn't it a little late for apologizing? It's been over ten years and your still sleeping with him. I knew the whole time but I couldn't say a word."

"Why?"

"Why?"

She nodded.

"Back then I had four children all under the age of fifteen, I didn't want to become a single mother raising four babies."

"I'm sorry."

"You've not only ruined my family but you've ruined my husbands career and image."

"I know and I'm deeply sorry. Look I'm going to leave Justin, I know It's been a long time coming but I also loved him Selena. You took him away from me so I thought I'd give you a taste of your own medicine." She explained and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, again." She spoke before turning and walking into the house disappearing into the crowd. "What just happened?" Chelsey asked stepping out towards me. "I think she's realized how much of a mess she made."

"What do you mean?"

"She's going to leave Justin."

"Oh Sel that's amazing." Chelsey smiles and hugged me, but was it really amazing?

Do I finally get my husband back?

As we chatted it got a little chilly and we made our way back into the crowded kitchen. I watched through the glass as Hailey talked to Justin and he had a confused face on. He nodded a couple of times before she kissed him on the cheek and walked out of the room.

I turned my back so Justin didn't see me and made my way over into the crowded part to mingle with people. "Selena we are so sorry for your loss, how's Justin?" Me and Mrs Gibbs spoke.

"I haven't seen him, so I wouldn't really know right now."

"Yeah that's understandable darling." Mrs Gibbs smiled and I nodded slowly moving away and bumping into someone's hard chest. "Wow I'm sorry." I spoke looking up to Justin's face, a stern face in him as he nodded. "Hey." I spoke low and he gripped my hand pulling me away into Patties office.

"Is everything okay?" I asked before his lips crashed into mine. "Justin what's that for?"

"I forgot what you tasted like."

I smiled. "You don't have to worry about Hailey anymore, she ended things between us." Justin spoke and I nodded. "I know."

"You know? What do you mean you know?" He questioned.

"She pulled me aside and told me she was going to do it."

"Oh and your okay with it?"

"I've wanted this moment for over ten years Justin, why wouldn't I be okay with it? She's giving me back what's mine."

I smirked and he smiled closing the gap between us, making oh sweet love on top of Patties desk of papers.