46

Justin

Walking into the kitchen fixing my tie Selena handed me a cup of coffee. It was my first day back into the office since Selena took over and I was nervous of how everyone would treat me for basically neglecting the business.

"Alright kids your lunches are ready get going to school." Selena said as everyone was up from the kitchen island grabbing their paper bags and heading out the door. Drinking my coffee Selena watched as each of our kids left the house. "Justin we need to get going we have an important meeting this morning."

"I haven't even finished my coffee." I said pointing at the cup. "We have to meet with people for Jade and Jessicas's birthday party." She said grabbing her purse and walking out to the front door.

"Let's go Justin!" She yelled and I quickly drank from my cup placing it down on the island and following her out to the car.

"Josh just texted, he is meeting us at the office." She said as I buckled up my seat belt nodding. "It's great we have kids to pass down the family business too when we get old and can't take care of our selfs." She smirked backing out of the drive way.

"Who said we would stop working at that age?" I said back sarcastically.

"For one, I will want to. I will definitely want to enjoy my retirement at home and not in an office." She smirked.

"I do like the sound of that."

"Of course you do because I'm always right." She smiled at me and I side eyed her. "Oh your back to real estate along with teaching Josh how to sell houses but first we do indeed have a meeting with a very special venue owner for Jessica's eighteenth birthday and Jade's sixteenth birthday.'' Selena smirked whilst pulling into her parking spot at the office building.

''I thought we agreed Jess wasn't going to have a party until her twenty-first birthday that it was just going to be about Jade?''

''Yeah then I thought why not plus it will be great to get our friend group back together and have their kids be good friends with our kids?'' She shrugged at me whilst entering the elevator. ''Selena we haven't spoken to them in over fifteen years what makes you think they will want to speak to us now?''

''Well, a certain someone was having coffee with Sophia one day in a cafe and Harry happened to walk into that same cafe on the same exact day. We exchanged phone numbers and I told him my plan, he said it was an amazing idea to get everybody back together so he spread the word and guess who owns a party venue?'' She explained as we stepped out of elevator. ''Selena, Justin! How long has it been?'' Lil twist said and my eyes nearly deceived me.

''Oh my god! Twist man what's happening?'' I said as we gripped hands and I patted him on the back. ''Gosh man it's been too long, you're getting old and grey now JB.'' Twist said laughing and I shook my head at him.

''How has life been man?'' I asked as we walked into Selena's office sitting down on the couch.

''Life's been tough but I got through it with the support of my amazing wife Cassandra and my kids, man these days kids grow up so quickly.''

''Tell me about it!'' I said laughing. ''How many kids you got?'' I asked and he sighed. ''We had three, two girls and a boy. Unfortunately five years ago we found out our youngest Amelia had a brain tumor, wasn't pretty man I did everything I could, got her the best doctors in the country and they still couldn't save her man. Just to see her in so much pain and not be able to take it away, it broke me man.''

''I'm so sorry Twist, I didn't know.''

''It's fine JB, we didn't speak so how could you have known man?'' He nodded and smiled. ''Let's get back to talking about Jessica and Jade's party venue, I have three different venues scattered around the city, they all vary in sizes. Depending on how many people will be attending the party.''

''Yeah it'll be a big party, including all you guys attending with your kids.'' Selena explained and I nodded, Twist nodded. ''The biggest venue I have is located right in the middle of the city, it's called Spy Bar the capacity is about three hundred people.''

''That sounds perfect.''Selena agreed and I nodded in agreement. A knock on the door and our heads turned to see who it was.

''Hey mom hey dad, oh sorry I didn't realize you guys were in a meeting.'' Josh said smiling. ''No come in.'' Twist said and Josh stepped in nodding.

''You must be Josh, I'm Twist an old friend of your parents. Boy have you grown up a lot, you did get your good-looks from your dad man he was a charmer.'' Twist said shaking Josh's hand. Laughing I shook my head at twist as he patted Josh on the shoulder looking back and forth between us.

''Your mom tells me you've a daughter now, bit of advice for you son girls are easier than boys.'' Twist said smiling and Josh smiled. ''Thanks man.'' Josh said before waving goodbye to us and leaving the office.