14

Justin

When Josh called to tell us that Sophia had been taken to get an emergency head scan it was like being knocked down after getting back up, I tried my absolute best to try keep Selena calm while I packed some fresh clothes for the girls.

"This is all my fault I should have drove Jazmyn home myself I should have known what they were doing I can't believe I'm letting Evie down how am I supposed to liv-" Selena shook her head as she walked back and forth at the end of Jess' bed.

"Baby none of this is your fault. You didn't know there plans. I need you to calm down for me please take big deep breathes like this." I said showing her how to steady her breathing and she agreed copying my actions.

"How did we allow this to happen Justin? Where did we go wrong?" She sighed staring me in the eyes, when I couldn't give her an answer she sunk to the floor and I was right down beside her. "Hey now that's something we can work on, we can learn from our mistakes and we can move on from it." I soothed and I wrapped my arms around her picking her up from the floor. "We just need to be strong for the girls." She nodded wiping her eyes agreeing with me. "Now let me see the smile that I fell in love with." I winked and she chuckled doing as I asked and I smiled kissing her. "We love you okay?" I pressing my forehead against hers and she nodded. "I love you too." She whispered.

"Come on, we go check up how Sophia is doing." She nodded at me pulling herself together and running around grabbing clothes and other stuff they might need. "Justin.." she paused and I raised a brow.

"Thank you, not only for being an amazing husband all these years but for being an amazing father to our beautiful children."

"I couldn't have done it without my beautiful wife by my side." I smiled and she smiled back. When we finished packing I put the bags in the car and we made our way back to the hospital.

I looked over at Selena as I gripped the steering wheel with my left hand and I took her hand into my right hand intertwining our fingers, she glanced at me smiling. She was absolutely beautiful, she made me the happiest man in the world.

''How do you really feel about Jess seeing a boy?'' Selena asked straight out, and I kept my eyes on the road tensing a little. ''I'm not happy but I guess we could see who this boy is and if he really does want to be with her. I'd like to meet him sometime over dinner and Josh's girlfriend also.''

''You're absolutely amazing, how did we get so lucky with you?'' Selena laughed and I smiled shrugging and leaving the highway toward the hospital.

Josh

Sitting opposite Jess, she was texting on her phone and I squinted my eyes at her. ''Who are you texting and why do you keep smiling at your phone?'' I spoke low so my Gran couldn't hear, she fell asleep just over an hour ago.

''None of your business.'' Jess hissed daggering her eyes at me and we stared at each other for a few minutes. ''Is it Ryan?'' I said in a girly voice, I swear to never do that again. ''Even if it was, I still wouldn't tell you because you'd tell dad.'' She mimicked back and we were soon cut off by my phone ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket to see Madison's name pop up on the screen, I smiled before answering and pressing it against my ear. ''Is that Madison?'' Jess stuck her tongue out and I rolled my eyes at her before quickly walking out of the room.

''Josh?'' Madison faintly asked and I thought I hear her sniffle. "Babe is everything okay?'' I furrowed my brows leaning against the wall. ''Yeah everything's fine babe, how is your sisters doing?'' She sounded sad and I wished she would just tell me what was wrong, like we always told each other everything. She sighed before answering. ''Okay I lied not everything is okay.'' She sniffed and I sighed rubbing my eyes.

''Baby I need you to tell me whats wrong so I can at least help..'' I soothed and she sniffled even more. ''There is nothing you can do to help when your in another state.'' This made me a little angry but I kept calm. ''Baby.. just tell me.''

''Josh I'm pregnant.''

The air was knocked out of me when she spoke, even processing the words was a struggle. ''Baby?'' She spoke softly, my head was a mess and my mind filled with What? Why? How? When? Even questions I couldn't answer my self. ''How long?'' I choked confused.

''Does it even matter? Baby this is amazing. We are finally going to be a family.''

I didn't even know how to process this, I didn't even know how to respond to Madison, how was I even going to tell my parents? My dad will seriously disown me.

"Baby answer me please." She whispered and I sighed. "Yeah I'm still here." I ran my hand through my hair and closed my eyes. "I've got to go, I love you Josh.." Her voice trailed off and I smiled. "I love you too." I whispered and then the phone line died. I dropped my hand and shoved my phone back into my pocket. I couldn't tell my parents when they get back, could I?

No, they are here to see my sisters and it would cause a scene if I was to tell my dad because he was short tempered. "Josh baby what are you doing out here?" I heard my moms voice and I looked up too see my mom furrow her brows as she walked towards me with my dad walking behind her carrying bags. "Oh I was speaking to Madison, she just rang to check up on me." I smiled and my mom nodded. "Aw, why don't you invite her over for dinner when the girls are on the road to recovery?" She smiled fixing my hair which was a mess from me playing around with it.

"Yeah sure." I gave a weak smile and we made our way back into Jess and Sophia's room. "Oh my sweet babies how are you both feeling?" My mom was by Jess' side in no time and it annoyed me that they favorited the girls more. "I'm feeling much better, when can I get discharged?" Jess sulked into the pillows, you could tell Jess didn't really need to spend anymore in the hospital but the doctors instead she stay a couple more nights. "I'll go speak to the doctor, have you guys heard anything about how Sophia is doing?"

"No she's still getting her scan done, maybe you should ask Doctor Hansen how she is?" I spoke and my dad nodded leaving the room. "Your dad thinks it would be best to invite Ryan over for dinner soon, he wants to make sure his princess has met the right guy." My mom spoke fixing Jess' hair. "Mom seriously?" Jessica complained and I raised my brows smirking which Jess scoffed at and I laughed. "What's so funny?" My mom gave a confused look and I shook my head.

"Oh nothing." I raised a brow smirking and I could tell my mom was annoyed.