Eleven.

The next morning

Dejah
I had one of my employees to open up for me this morning since my dad and Sanaa requested me at their house early this morning.

"You hungry baby girl," my daddy asked.

"No sir."

"Want anything to drink?"

"No sir."

"Who was that guy you was talking to last night since you was dodging what I was saying," I looked at my daddy.

"What?"

"Don't what me little girl answer my question."

"That was David."

"David who?"

"Brewster."

"What he do for a living?"

"He's a rapper."

"Babe look up a David Brewster and tell me what you get."

"Alright."

"Really daddy?"

"Yes really if he's interested in you like them roses he handed you says that he is I have to make sure I know who he is."

"He know Nas."

"Yeah babe she's right Nas actually was the one that basically discovered him."

"He's really talented too."

"Are you aware that he has a daughter?"

"Yes I know he had a daughter daddy I met her already."

"Okay hold on he's 29 and you're 23 nah that's not going to work."

"I'm 46 and you're 41 so how them two dating isn't going to work Dejah will be 24 in March."

"Do you like him baby girl?"

"I do."

My daddy sighed and rubbed his hand down his face.

"Alright I guess I have to be alright with the two of you dating but I want to meet him."

"Is this about the age thing Durrell?"

"It is I just don't want him to hurt my baby girl."

"Daddy if he does I'll kick his ass myself."

"Language little girl."

"I'm not a little girl anymore daddy I'm a grown up."

"That you are go ahead and go to work I'll see you later."

"Okay."

I stood up I gave my daddy a kiss on the cheek and did the same to Sanaa.

"Love you both."

"Love you too."

I walked out of their house and I got into my car I sent Parker a text as I started up my car and drove  down the driveway heading towards my store.

30 minutes later I arrived at my store I parked my car and grabbed my purse and got out. I placed my shades on my face and walked up to the door.

"Good morning Ms. Jones."

"Good morning Nicole how are you," I spoke back.

"Good."

"That's good can you take my purse to my office," I asked.

"Yes ma'am."

Nicole walked over to me I placed my keys and shades in my purse then I handed it to Nicole she went to the back towards my office and I walked over to the front desk to clock in.