Fifty

2 days later

Dejah
I popped up hearing Kaarim cries Dave sat up and got Karrim out of his bassinet he checked his diaper.

"He's dry so he's hungry."

Dave passed me Kaarim I pulled my maternity bra down and latched Kaarim onto my boob. Dave scooted closer to me and laid his head on my arm.

"You okay babe."

"My throat is sore."

"You probably got strep."

"Nah I can't have strep I won't be able to be around Kaarim."

I felt Dave forehead and he was hot.

"I'll call Dr. Cooper and see can he make a house call."

Dave sighed and nodded I grabbed my phone off of my lap and dialed Dr. Cooper number. After speaking briefly I hung up.

"He said he'll be here in 30 minutes."

"Alright."

Dave sniffed he covered his mouth and coughed.

"Dada mama," Kairi called as she knocked on the door.

Dave stood up and walked over to the door he opened the door letting Kairi in.

"Girl what you're doing up it's 5:30 in the morning."

Kai didn't say anything she just giggled and laid on Dave.

"Kai I think dada go strep."

Kairi sat up and looked at Dave.

"Dada you sick?"

"Possibly."

"Touch dada forehead Kai."

Kai touched Dave forehead and shook her head.

"Dada hot."

"Yeah baby he is."

I unlatched Kaarim from my breast I fixed myself then I burped Kaarim. I stood up and placed him back in his bassinet.

"Come on Kai lets check dada temperature."

Kairi got down from Dave lap and followed me into the bathroom I went in the medicine cabinet I grabbed the thermometer and closed the cabinet back. We walked out of the bathroom going back into the room I picked Kairi up and placed her in the bed I sat next to her.

"Say ahh babe."

"Say ahh dada," Kairi said.

Dave opened his eyes then his mouth I turned the thermometer on and placed it in Dave mouth. After a few seconds it beeped I took the thermometer out of Dave mouth and looked at it.

"100.1."

"Come on big baby."

I got up from the bed and stood in front of Dave and helped him up.

"Let's get you downstairs."

Dave nodded we walked out of the room.

"Kairi you're going to help me take care of daddy."

"Yes."

"That's what I'm talking about baby girl."

We walked into the living room Dave sat down on the couch and Kairi sat next to him. The doorbell rung I walked over to the door I unlocked the door and let Dr. Cooper in.

"Hey Dejah."

"Hey Dr. Cooper thank you for coming."

"No problem."

"Where's Dave?"

"The living room."

I lead Dr. Cooper into the living room where Dave and Kairi was. I walked over to Kairi I picked her up and walked out of the living room going up to her room to lay her back in her bed. I laid Kairi down in her bed I kissed her forehead had covered her up.

Dave
I feel like shit ion know what's going on with me but ion like it one bit whatever is going on is going to prevent me from holding my son. I looked at Dr. Cooper waiting on the verdict.

"Dave you have Laryngitis."

"What's that," I coughed.

"An inflammation of the voice box from overuse, irritation or infection."

"Damn."

"I want you to rest your voice and I'm going to give you some antibiotics to help."

"Yeah cause ion think I can stop talking doc but I'll try."

Dr. Cooper nodded and wrote out my prescription.

"Can I be around my son?"

"It's best that you stay away from Kaarim until this goes away."

I groaned.

"Alright."

"Call me if things gets worst in the next few days."

"Will do."

We shook hands I stood up and walked Dr. Cooper out I closed and locked the door I turned around seeing Dee.

"So?"

"I don't have strep but laryngitis and I gotta stay away from Kaarim until it goes away."

"I know you're not happy."

"Definitely not he's only 2 days old and I can't hold him it's crazy."

"Yeah I know but you'll be back to yourself again I'll call Bully later today to get your prescription filled."

"Thanks baby."

"You're welcome but for now let's try some warm tea and honey to soothe your throat."

"Add some lemon juice too."

"Oh no babe lemon juice is acidic and it'll make the irritation worse."

"Oh okay."

We walked into the kitchen I sat the barstool as I watched Dee move around the kitchen. I gotta cancel my studio session this week to let my voice rest cause I'll be damned if I make it worse to the point where I have to have surgery and I won't be able to go to the studio or have any shows for a good two months.

"Are you going to cancel your session at the studio?"

"Yeah."

"Okay I just want you to take it easy because we don't need this to get worse and you can't do anything for two months because you had to have surgery."

"I know I was thinking the same thing."

Dee turned towards me.

"Ima Have Bully to pick up some of the soothing cough drops for you too."

"Alright."

I coughed again and groaned this shit got my throat on fire. After a few minutes Dee placed the mug in front of me I grabbed it and took a sip and let out a sigh of relief some of the irritation has stopped I know it's only temporary until I get my antibiotics but it feels good to have some comfort. We walked over to the doorway of the kitchen I turned the light off and we walked upstairs to our room.