Seventeen

Later that day

Dave
My mama walked in my pops man cave she looked at me with a smile I furrowed my eyebrows at her she knows something.

"Ev why you smiling at Dave like you know some shit?"

"That's because I do know something but I'm not saying a word it's not my place to say so it's time to eat though."

"Mhmm about damn time you've been cooking for a while now."

"That's because dessert had to be made."

"Flan?"

"'Mhmm Strawberry Flan well Dejah made it."

"Oh shit lil baby can cook?"

"Pops don't call her that."

"Yes she can now lets go we can't keep my future daughter in law and grandbaby waiting."

"Ma who said she's your future daughter in law?"

"I said and I know you love her just tell her."

My mama walked out of my pops man cave we stood up and walked down the hall and into the dining room.

"The plates have been fixed."

"You must be lil baby?"

"Pops."

"I'm kidding you're Dejah right?"

"Yes sir."

"Nice to meet you Dejah I'm David Sr. you can call me David or Sr. it doesn't matter to me."

"Okay."

"Eat eat," Kairi said gaining our attention.

"Alright grandbaby."

We all sat down and joined hands my pops prayed then we began eating.

"Who brought Kairi a Chanel high chair?"

I looked over at my mama.

"Don't look over here at me it wasn't me."

"I was me my grand baby gotta stay fly."

"I guess."

"So Dejah Dave here tells me that you own your own store and online store," my pops questioned.

"Yes sir I do."

"You sell just women clothes."

"And lingerie as well and yes sir."

"And you're 23?"

"Yes sir."

"That's 6 years apart between you and Dave."

"I'm well aware of that sir."

"Okay and have Durrell met Dave?"

"I don't mean to sound rude but how do you know my father?"

"We came up together I was the one that inspired him to go after his musical career."

"Really."

"Yes ma'am I did I even helped him get Aalena."

"You knew my mama?"

"Absolutely beautiful soul always had a smile on her face except for when she was pissed off."

"You knew about her cancer?"

"Me and Ev knew we was there."

"Yeah we was at first I thought Aalena was interested in David until I met Durrell and then a few months later she tells us that she's pregnant with you."

I watched as Dejah smiled lightly.

"Yeah my dad told me the stories."

"Trust me Dejah she would've loved to be here with you."

Dejah smiled then she excused herself.

"Dave go check on her now is your chance to express your feelings."

I stood up from my seat and walked down the hall I stopped at the first guest bedroom and walked in Dejah wiped her eyes.

"I'm sorry that I got emotional I just miss her."

"I know you do baby it's okay."

I wrapped my arms around Dejah and she burrowed her head in my chest.

"I love you Dave."

Dammit I was supposed to say it first.

"You don't have to say it back-, I cut Dejah off.

"I love you too and I mean it."

Dejah nodded her head I waited until she slowed her cries down I pulled away from Dejah and wiped her eyes and kissed her. We then made our way back to the dining room.

Dejah
We're back home from Dave's parents house and Kairi is in her temporary room sleep while her and Dave are here. I finished up the phone call with my dad when Dave walked out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"That was your pops?"

"Yeah he broke up with Sanaa."

"For real?"

"Yeah she broke the Rolex and chain my mama got my dad the same day she told him that she was pregnant with me."

"Why would she do that?"

"She wanted him to get rid of the Rolex and chain but my dad refused to do so because it's his last gifts my mama gave him."

"She had no business breaking his Rolex and chain."

Dave climbed in the bed next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Yeah she didn't but I feel like something is going to happen tomorrow."

"Like what?"

"I don't know I just feel like something is going to happen and whole lot of explaining is going to take place."

"Well for now get some sleep until then."

"Okay I love you."

"I love you too," we kissed and I snuggled closer to Dave.

Dave kissed my forehead and I let my sleep consume then in the morning I'm waking Kairi up so she can open her Christmas gifts.

Mon here this next chapter can go one or two ways Aalena which is Dejah mom she can make a comeback if y'all want her to or she can stay dead and the dinner will be just with Dave, Kairi && Durrell. Me I'm leaning towards bringing Aalena back but Ima let y'all chose so sound off in the comments oh and majority comments rule and go.