Nineteen

Dave and Kairi in m/m

Dave
I laid Kairi down in Durrell guest bedroom she passed outright after dinner. I turned off the light and cracked the door and walked back down the hall and into the living room and sat back down next to Dejah.

"Mama how did you escape?"

"It wasn't easy I did a lot of planning for 6 months on trying to escape and I finally did it yesterday morning I didn't get here until late last night."

"Sanaa don't know that you're here in the states."

"No she don't know."

The doorbell rung Durrell stood up and walked over to the door. We heard voices following by the door slam shut we heard heels hit the floor Mrs. Aalena stood up and cracked her fingers and placed her hair in a bun.

"Mama what are you about to do?"

"You'll see."

Sanaa face fell as she looked at Mrs. Aalena then at Durrell.

"You escaped?"

"Yeah for 23 years you held me captive, you beat me, spit in my face, shaved my head twice and every time I thought about escaping you threatened to kill my daughter and husband. As much as I wanted to leave from St. Thomas I couldn't let you harm my husband and daughter so I stayed for them. You started to get carless 6 months ago I had more freedom to move about how I please so I ended up buying a phone. I created an Instagram and found my husband I immediately DM'd him telling him that we'll be seeing each other soon. He thought someone was playing with him until last night."

"Aalena why are you removing your earrings," Durrell asked.

"Just like I told my daughter you will see."

I blinked and next thing I know Sanaa was on the floor bleeding from her mouth Mrs. Aalena shook her knuckles which was covered in blood. There was a knock at the door Dejah stood up and walked over to the door I was in shock and couldn't move from what I just witnessed. Dejah walked in with the two police officers. Sanaa stood up and held her mouth the officers walked up to her.

"Sanaa Parker you're under arrest for the kidnapping of Aalena Jones, destroying property and shoplifting. Anything you say can and will be held against you in the court of law."

They put the cuffs on Sanaa and walked out of the house closing the door behind them.

"WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU PUNCH HER IN THE MOUTH," Durrell shouted.

"One lower your tone when you talking to me like I'm not your wife and two that bitch got what she deserved she lucky I didn't kill her like I wanted to."

"You could've gotten arrested," his tone got lower.

"Mhmm how would you think Cpt. Taylor would feel if his little girl was behind bars?"

"You seen your parents?"

"Yes right before I came here."

"Oh okay."

"David," I looked at Mrs. Aalena.

"Yes ma'am."

"Do you love my daughter?"

I felt Dejah eyes on me I told her that I love her but she don't know that I meant it.

"Yes ma'am."

"Are you in love with my daughter or do you want what's between her legs?"

"Yes ma'am I'm in love with your daughter and we haven't had sex yet."

"What?"

"No mama we haven't had sex yet."

"Y'all were better than me and Aalena cause a few weeks after we started dating I was busting them walls down."

"That's because we was best friends idiot."

I already know that Dejah have a lot of questions she wants to ask me because this is my first time actually telling her and others that I'm in love with her.

Back at Dejah house

Dejah
I walked out of the bathroom in my bedroom I climbed in the bed next to Dave.

"I got Kairi back to sleep."

"Okay."

"We gotta talk about what you said to my parents."

"What that I love you?"

"No that you're in love with me."

"Yeah I am I had a talk with my mama and she told me that I should let you know how I feel."

"You did tell me that you loved me and you meant it I didn't think you was serious."

"So me telling you that I love you and I meant it isn't serious."

"No it's just that I was told that before-," I cut Dejah off.

"I mean what I said I love you hell I'm in love with you and that's a first because I never felt this way about a woman and Brandi stupid ass is Kairi mother."

"I feel special."

"And you should now I'm sleepy."

"Yeah me too:"

"DADA," Kairi yelled.

"Go get baby girl."

Dave got up and went to go get Kairi while I got comfortable in the bed.