Thirty-Nine

Dejah
Me and Parker was in the kitchen eating Tacos and Kairi is in her highchair eating tacos as well Dave had text me and told me that him and Bully had left and that they'll be back soon.

"Parker you really did your thing with these tacos."

"Thank you bestie."

Dave and Bully walked in Dave picked up my taco and ate it my mouth fell.

"You ate my taco."

"Yeah it's good as shit too."

"Thanks Dave."

He nodded.

"And before you start crying about your taco I'm about to fix you another one."

"Thank you."

"Can we talk babe," Bully asked looking at Parker.

"I'm eating."

"I'll tell you anyways."

I wiped my mouth and drunk some of my juice.

"2 years ago I got left at the alter I spent close to $20K on a wedding that me and my ex both wanted until her ex came back and made her change her mind. When I found out the truth I was devastated because I really loved that girl and she stood me up and from that day on I made a vow to never get married again so I wouldn't get left at the alter again. It's not you Parker it's me you're everything for me it's just that I'm afraid to get to that point again and to be left hurt."

Parker stopped eating and looked at Bully she wiped her mouth.

"Why you didn't say anything?"

"I didn't want you to leave me."

"And you not telling me definitely made me want to leave you."

"I'm sorry lemon drop."

I rolled my eyes.

"I accept your apology my pudding pop."

"Corny," Dave coughed.

"Don't hate cause you and Dee don't have cute names like me and my lemon drop."

"Bully ain't nobody hating."

"You can say that again babe," Dave said.

"Yeah okay."

"Bully you don't have to rush to propose to me I know it's what I want but I don't want you to be pressured to propose to me."

"Its what you want."

"But it's not what you want yet and after talking some more with Dee I can definitely wait until you're ready."

"Okay."

I looked over at Dave and he was busy eating and talking with Kairi to be even paying us any attention.

"Can't believe my bro is about to be a daddy for the second time before me."

"It's not a competition Bully."

"I know but I feel like that I should be where you and Dee at right about now."

"No you shouldn't me and Dee started talking first then you and Parker everything takes time don't rush anything it took 6 months for me and Dee to finally have sex but not long for me to get that ass pregnant."

"Dave you was plotting on my best friend?"

"Hell yeah I was I wanted a son by Dee and now I'm having a son by Dee."

The only thing I could do was shake my head and continue eating because Dave is something else.

Dave
Kairi pushed her plate away and sat back Dee walked over and handed Kairi her cup.

"What's in there?"

"100% real juice and not soda like you've been giving my baby."

"When I have it she ask for some so I give her some."

"That's exactly what I do."

"It's fine for her to have some soda but not a lot of soda babe."

"I hear you."

"You better."

"I talked with my mama."

"About?"

"Us going to counseling."

"As in marriage counseling or couples counseling."

"Whichever one it doesn't matter so that way we can really handle our arguments better instead of storming off."

"I totally agree even though we talked it out yesterday I still feel that we can have better communication tools."

"Okay so I'll get the therapist number from my mama and set a session up."

"Okay that's fine."

Dee finished her last taco and walked towards the stove to get another one.

"Babe you just ate 3 tacos."

Dee spun around and looked at me.

"And?"

"Nevermind enjoy your taco."

"I was anyways no matter what you say."

"Don't be complaining about heartburn later tonight."

"If I do you ain't gon do nothing but ask me to give you a Tom and hold you."

"And you gon do it."

Dee kissed me then she picked up Kairi and placed her down on her feet. They intertwined hands then they walked out with Parker right behind them.

"When you going to give Parker that promise ring?"

"Later tonight."

"Everything we got earlier you using tonight," I asked as I stood up as I walked over to the sink.

"Yeah."

"Okay."

I washed out my plate along with Bully's I placed them on the drying rack. I walked over to the counter I grabbed my cup then me and Bully walked out of the kitchen heading towards my man cave to roll one or two maybe three.