Thirteen

Before you read this update go check out and add Letting Love Happen to ya libraries or reading lists. Carry on.

That weekend.

Dave
I pulled up to my parents house Kairi was knocked out sleep I got out and opened the back seat. I unstrapped Kairi from her booster seat and picked her up I walked up to my parents door and rung their doorbell.

"Why you always dropping my granddaughter off?"

"Pops you know it's not an everyday thing."

"You going out of town or something?"

"Nah pops I got a date."

"Oh yeah with the woman ya mama was telling me about."

"Yeah."

"Make sure she's over 18 cause we don't need you in jail."

"Shit I didn't even ask her age."

"Lord Ev Dave finna go to jail for messing with a teenager," my pops called out to my moms.

"Pops she's not a teenager."

"You don't know that get off my porch for you wake my grandbaby up."

"You being loud gon wake her up," I mumbled as I walked to my Range Rover.

I got in and drove down my parents driveway heading towards Dejah house. My phone rung and it was Bully this nigga always calling me I looked at his name for a few seconds before I answered his call. 30 minutes later I pulled up to Dejah house I got out locking my doors behind me I walked up to her door and rung her doorbell.

"Dave what are you doing here it's-what time is it?"

I checked the time on my phone.

"1:45 pm."

Dejah yawned and walked away from the door I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"I know you're still not sleeping?"

"I was."

I followed Dejah to her room we walked in her room and I saw clothes scattered everywhere.

"The hell you've been doing?"

"I stayed up until about 3:00 in the morning sorting through items for my online store that I fell asleep."

Dejah sniffed and began to move the items around and I helped her.

"You don't have help?"

"Nope it's just me for my online store."

"You need help."

"Yeah yeah."

"You want something to eat?"

"Yeah."

"Alright."

I walked out of Dejah room and to the kitchen debating on whether or not I should let her taste my cooking or do take out. I paced around for a little bit before I went into her refrigerator and took out everything that I need.

I began to season the meat when Dejah walked out of her room scratching her head.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm cooking what it look like?"

"You can cook?"

"What kind of question is that of course I can cook."

"Okay."

I washed and dried my hands then I got a pan and sat it on the stove I got the cooking oil and poured some in the pan and turned the stove on.