Twenty-Five

Dave
After taking a tour of the Garden of the Groves we just arrived at the Garden Café and Bar I held Dejah hand as we walked in the hostess smiled at me and Dejah.

"Last name."

"Brewster."

"Your dinner party is already seated."

"Dinner party Dave what-," I cut Dejah off.

"You'll see."

The hostess lead us towards the back where it's more private we arrived at our table and Dejah smiled as she saw both of our families I watched as she went around giving everyone a hug.

"P you knew about this?"

"Girl yes it was so hard for me to not tell you."

Me and Dejah sat down the hostess handed us the menu and walked away.

"Babe why is everyone here?"

"You'll see."

"Mama," Kairi called out to Dejah making her snap her head in Kairi direction.

"Mrs. Brewster I think she's talking to you."

"No honey she's talking to you."

"Mama," Kairi said again while stretching her arms out to Dejah.

Dejah smiled and got Kairi then she looked at me.

"Babe is it fine with Kairi calling me mama?"

"Yeah you treat her like she's your daughter might as well get the title."

Dejah smiled.

"Babe this is a great surprise dinner."

I nodded little does Dejah know tonight is about to get even better the waiter walked over to our table and I ordered a bottle of Merlot for the table and got Kairi a Strawberry Kiwi Juice then everyone placed their orders. Everyone is aware of me proposing except for Dejah. The waiter came back with the bottle of Merlot he poured everyone some in the champagne glass that sat in front of us and he sat Kairi juice in front of her. Dejah took the juice and poured it in her sippie cup so she won't waste any Dejah closed the cup and handed it to Kairi who sat back against Dejah chest.

"I have an announcement to make."

Everyone stopped talking and looked at me.

"6 months ago I met this beautiful, intelligent, independent, motivated woman she's everything that I was looking for in a woman and she accepted my baby girl most women wouldn't even look my way because of Kairi and some would just want to have sex with me but not Dejah she immediately got attached to Kairi and from the day they met she has treated my baby girl like she's her own daughter. To me Issa wife my wife," I spoke looking Dejah straight in the eye.

Dejah turned her body towards me and I went in my pocket pulling out a black box and grabbed her left hand.

Dejah
Either Dave is about to give me a promise ring or he's about to propose to me I glanced around at everyone who was smiling well my mama was smiling while crying.

"Dejah Skai Jones I love you and are it for me and I'm it for you and I want you to be in me and Kairi life forever but not just as my girlfriend I want you as my wife and the mother to my kids. Dejah will you marry me," Dave said as he opened the ring box.

"Oh Dave yes I'll marry you

"Oh Dave yes I'll marry you."

Dave smiled and slid the ring on my finger then he kissed me I deepened it only for Kairi to push Dave away. Everyone laughed as Kairi mugged Dave.

"Kairi you're going to dada like that?"

"My mama."

"But she's my fiancé."

Kairi started talking trash to Dave.

"Yeah okay lil girl."

"Congratulations Dave and Dejah," everyone said we all grabbed our champagne glasses and cheered before we took a sip.

My parents stood up.

"Dave even when she's wrong she's right no matter what the situation maybe a happy wife is a happy wife," my daddy spoke.

"May peace and blessings be among the both of you as you all embark on the wedding journey."

"Thank you mama."

She smiled at me then they sat down Nas stood up.

"Once again congrats bro and little cousin I just want to say that I'm proud of the both of you for all that you accomplished and Dave I hope I'm the best man at the wedding."

"Nah that's Bully position."

"Nah Dave it can be Nas I wanna be seen and not just at the alter next to you."

"Alright."

"To Dejah and Dave may the both you don't kill each other when you two start planning the wedding."

Everyone laughed then cheered with the champagne glasses Kairi even joined with her cup. Nas sat back down and the waiter came or with some of the food. Even though Kairi got her own food she's going to be eating off of me and Dave food.

I can't wait to start planning this wedding can't believe that I'm about to be Mrs. David Brewster, Jr.