Forty-Two

2 months later—February 14, 2019

Dave
I woke up before Dee did I sat up and looked over at her and smiled I made my way into the bathroom to get started on my hygiene. Two months ago into our 3rd session Dr. Wells had told us that we needed to separate for a while and as much as I didn't want to it's what we needed to do so we both can continue to have a healthy relationship. My trust issues was causing a big problem in our relationship but after doing some one on one sessions with Dr. Wells I'm much better than before. I walked out of the bathroom turning off the light I looked over at my bed seeing Dee still knocked out I walked out of the room and closed the door.

"Dada," I heard Kairi called.

I walked over to her room and turned on her light seeing her sitting up in her bed she reached out for me. I chuckled and picked her up she laid her head on my chest.

"Even though you got a big girl bed you still want me to come and get you."

Kairi lifted her head at me and smiled.

"Mama," Kairi said looking around for Dee.

"She still sleeping how about we make her breakfast."

"Otay."

I kissed Kairi forehead I walked her into her bathroom and helped her do her hygiene. We walked out of the bathroom and made our way downstairs. I turned on the kitchen light and placed Kairi on the counter while I went in the refrigerator.

I thought after our first session everything was fine between us but I was wrong because the next day I went back to questioning her and the more I did it the more I pushed Dee away. We didn't even spend New Years together she spent it with her parents and I spent New Years with mines. The wedding has been called off and it's been that way since we separated and Dee gave me back her engagement ring. At first instead of using Dr. Wells advice I was just questioning everything she was doing that's when Dr. Wells told us that we needed to live separately so I helped Dee pick out a nice condo and got it furnished to her liking and that's where she's been staying at since then. In my one on one sessions with Dr. Wells I had to meet with my ex basically getting everything that happened between us off of my chest letting her know that what she done fucked up my head and it fucked up my relationship, she apologized for everything then she left and me and Dr. Wells continued on with my sessions.

"Dada I help," Kairi asked.

I turned and picked her up and let her help me cook breakfast.

About 35 minutes later we finished cooking I placed Dee plate and our orange juice along with my plate and Kairi's onto the breakfast tray we made our way upstairs to my room. The only reason why Dee spent the night was we both was too tired to move. We walked into the room seeing Dee sitting up in the bed.

"Say good morning mama," I said while looking down at Kairi.

"Good morning mama."

"Good morning my baby."

Kairi didn't waste no time with climbing into the bed and cuddling under Dee.

"Me and Kairi cooked breakfast."

"I see."

"Happy Vawlentines Day."

"Aww Happy Valentines Day to you too baby."

Dee kissed Kairi forehead.

"Happy Valentines Day Dee."

"Happy Valentines Day Dave."

I sat the tray over her legs I grabbed Kairi plate and gave it to her then I grabbed my plate. We all started eating.

"Babe you forgot to pray."