Eighteen

The next day-Christmas Day- December 25, 2017

Dejah
That feeling that I was feeling last night is still here I don't know what's going to happen today but I'm prepared for whatever.

"DEE, Kairi yelled.

I opened my eyes to see Kairi sitting on me.

"Yes Kai."

"Hi."

"Hi gorgeous. You seen the Christmas tree again?"

"Yes."

I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Where your ugly daddy at?"

"Kitchen."

"You brushed your teeth?"

Kai just stared at me.

"Ima take that as your daddy didn't do your hygiene it's cool you can do it with me."

I wrapped my arms around Kai and walked into the bathroom I sat her on the counter and got her toothbrush I wet it then I placed toothpaste on her toothbrush.

"Say ahh."

"Ahh," Kai said opening her mouth.

I began to brush her teeth Kai spit the toothpaste out I gave her a little of her mouthwash I showed her how to move her mouth and she did. I watched as Kai spit out the mouthwash I wiped her mouth then I began to brush my own teeth.

After washing my face me and Kai made our way downstairs.

"Before you two even go near that tree come in here and eat breakfast," Dave said as he walked out of the kitchen.

"Come on pretty girl lets go eat."

We walked into the kitchen I placed Kai in her high chair Dave kissed her forehead then he kissed me. Dave sat Kai plate in front of her then sat mines on the counter I got on the stool and Dave got on the stool beside me.

"Kai you wanna say a prayer."

Kai spoke in her baby language then began eating.

"That's it Kai."

She nodded as she continued to eat Dave chuckled and shook his head as he started eating.

After breakfast we made our way over to my tree Kai got all excited when she seen her gifts.

"I see you excited mama so let's open these gifts."

We all sat down on the floor near the tree I handed Kai her first gift she immediately began to rip the paper off along with Dave help.

Kai is done opening her gifts now she's playing with the doll she got Dave sat a box in my lap I looked at the box then Dave.

"Open the box."

I opened the box and gasped at the sight.