Forty-Four

Dave
Bully and Camilla is gone Dee went upstairs to use the bathroom I'm making a picnic basket so me and my girls can have a picnic.

"Kairi you ready for this picnic?"

"Yes."

"That's what I'm talking about baby girl."

Dee phone pinged I glanced over at it see Parker text her Dee came downstairs.

"Parker text you."

"Really," Dee picked up her phone and read the message.

"She's coming over to talk."

"I know I read the message don't you think you was a lil dramatic."

"I was."

The doorbell rung I wiped my hands and got went to go get the door I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Hey Parker."

"Hey Dave."

I looked down seeing a small but big bump I looked back at Parker I stepped aside and let her in. I closed the door and locked it back.

"Dee is in the kitchen."

"Okay."

I walked back to the kitchen with Parker behind me I washed my hands and got back started on making the sandwiches.

"You're pregnant?"

"Yeah just turned 3 months."

"Congratulations do Bully know," Dee asked.

"He's not the dad I had an IVF done."

"Before or after you and Bully broke up?"

"After Dee listen I'm sorry for not responding to your calls or texts it's just that I was going through the breakup with Bully and I got jealous."

"Of what?"

"You."

"What why?"

"Look at you Dee you got the man, the ring and his baby and that's all I wanted in life but I was in a hurry that I couldn't wait for Bully like I was supposed to."

"It took me a while to get me where I am Parker everything isn't rainbows and unicorns me and Dave went through a tough time too and we had to separate just so we can be better and I'm sorry too."

"For what?"

"Yesterday I said that I didn't see you as my friend anymore."

"That's bullshit cause I'm your only best friend."

"Well I'm friends with Bully's girlfriend."

"That's cool we all can be friends together I can't fault Bully for moving on when I broke up with him."

"Parker you're too calm about this whole situation what's the real truth to why y'all broke up Parker stop giving us that bullshit of an answer," I spoke.

Parker sighed.

"Okay fine it wasn't about Bully not being ready for marriage 4 months ago we started trying for a baby and was unsuccessful so I went to my doctor and she told me that I was unable to carry kids."

"Why?"

"I have PCOS."

"What's PCOS?"

"Polycystic Ovary Syndrome so instead of telling Bully I just decided to break up with him because I felt like I was cheating him because I can't carry kids without help."

"P you should've told my brother."

"I know Dave I just got scared of how he would treat me."

"You know my brother wouldn't treat you differently."

"I know but my fear says other wise so a month later we broke up and I started my IVF treatments and was successful the first round which is rare."

"Why you didn't tell me P?"

"I didn't know how to Dee and I'm sorry."

"It's okay P."

Dee and P hugged and Kairi clapped I finished placing all of the sandwiches in the basket.

"Y'all ready for this indoor picnic?"

"I thought we was going to the park or something."

"Nah it's cold outside and you're very pregnant."

"Okay then yes."

"I just came over to talk to you Dee."

"Alright."

"I'm going to head home and get back to resting so I can have safe and healthy pregnancy."

"Okay."

Dee and P walked out of the kitchen I got Kairi down from the counter I went in the refrigerator and grabbed our drinks and told Kairi to follow behind me.

Dejah
I wished Parker would've told me what was going on with her 3 months ago and I could've been there for her but everyone have their own ways of dealing with things so I can't fault her for that. I walked into the room where Dave and Kairi was I walked over to them and Dave helped me sit down.

"Here mommy," Kairi held out a sandwich for me.

"Thank you baby."

I unwrapped the sandwich and started eating it.

"Babe what made you want to do this?"

"Just another way for me to show you my appreciation to you I know the small things is what counts."

"Yeah."

"So you think Kaarim is going to come out on his due date?"

"Nope how the way he's moving he's definitely coming a few weeks early."

"Rim on on my birthday," Kairi asked.

"We don't know yet baby."

She sighed and nodded.

"Seems like Kai wants Kaarim to come on her birthday."

"I see it'll be cool if he do it's just all up to him really."

"Yeah."

"So babe I was thinking in about 2 weeks we have the baby shower."

"Okay."

"Oh we need to let everyone know to not buy any newborn or 0-3 months clothes because he have enough already they need to get him bigger size clothes for when he get older."

"Yeah and we need to rack up on diapers and wipes cause newborns go through diapers fast as hell and we want to make sure that as he's growing we have his right size."

"Right."

I looked over at Kairi and she had three sandwich wrappers around her I finished off my first one and got another sandwich. I can't wait for Kaarim to get here and we do things like this with him of course he'll have breast milk but will still be included in the family activities.