Forty-One

Dejah
I walked back into Dr. Wells office and sat next to Dave not even glancing in his direction.

"Are you okay Dejah?"

"Yeah."

"So let's recap on everything that happened Dave your ex girlfriend made you not trust any woman after her because she cheated and lied on you correct," Dr. Wells asked while looking at Dave.

"Yeah."

"Okay so moving on Dejah what about your past relationship with your ex," Dr. Wells said looking at me.

"He cheated on me with my ex best friend and got her pregnant."

"Hmm so you don't think Dave would do that to you?"

"No."

"And why not?"

"My only best friend that I have is dating his brother and if she wasn't dating Dave's brother and she tried him and he let her I'll go after Dave first then Parker."

"Why not go after Parker first since she initiated it?"

"Because he allowed it to happened he had control on what to do next."

Dr. Wells nodded.

"Do you two live together or separate?"

"Together."

She nodded once more.

"Dave you have to realize that what happened in your past has happened and there's no going back to that but don't compare Dejah to your daughter's mother because they are completely the opposite, Dejah isn't comparing you to her ex even though she have every right to do so. You have to trust her, trust that she'll never hurt you the way that your ex hurt you, trust that when she's out without and any man approaches her she'll shut them down and talk to you about it to see where your headspace is at."

"Yes ma'am."

"Same thing for you Dejah don't let what was said here hinder your relationship with Dave."

"Yes ma'am."

"Now to the communication tips Dejah for you don't walk out on Dave even when you feel stressed or a headache coming on stay calm at all times."

"Okay I can do that."

"Good and Dave listen to what Dejah is saying get the facts before you go jumping to conclusions and you stay calm and keep a cool head at all times."

"Okay."

Dr. Wells checked the time.

"That concludes our first session I want to see the both of you back here in 2 weeks."

"Okay."

"My receptionist Sara will have your next appointment card."

"Okay thank you Dr. Wells."

She smiled we stood up and shook her hand then we walked out Dave got out next appointment card and paid for the session. We walked out of the building and over to Dave's Range Rover he helped me in then closed the door. I put my seatbelt on and Dave got in the truck and started it up.

"Put your seatbelt on."

Dave nodded and put his seatbelt on he placed the gear in drive he looked out the side mirror and drove off.

"It's crazy how we go see a therapist for more communication tips and end up talking about something totally different."

"Yeah."