Chapter 25: What a Smartie

3/10/17

"Pam wake up," Gavin said shaking me awake. "It's Smartie day."

My eyes snapped open. Today was the day. I've been waiting since the day I arrived here to see how this would go. I met his gaze which was filled with glee and mischief. Mine soon matched his as I thought about what Trevor's reaction would be.

"Give me 30," I said springing out of bed and heading to the bathroom.

***

"Ok, Trevor is going to be in a meeting from 11 to 4 so we have some time to do this. Although I want to do it kinda early in case they finish early," Gavin was telling me on the way into work. "So we'll do it after lunch. Sound good?"

"Great strategy I like it," I told him. "But how are we going to crush them? I honestly don't want to spend three hours crushing up five pounds of smarties."

"Nah it'll be easy, we will use the hammer of Thor," he said. That doesn't sound like a great idea. How even? Can't he just get a giant blender or something?

"Uh, Gavin?" I said hesitantly. "I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Nah It'll be fine," he said opening the door to the main office for me. "Ello bois!"

I rolled my eyes and assumed my position on the couch awaiting 11 o'clock. It was barley 9:15.

"Pam, Minecraft let's play," Geoff called. "Want to join in?"

"What the hell, I've got nothing else to do," I said walking over to them.

I took Jeremy's spot since he wasn't here and we started up the game.

****

"Ok so who is going to do what in this?" Ryan asked us as we started to prepare for the prank. It was currently 12:30 and Trevor had been gone for a while. Ryan and Michael decided to join because they claimed they 'had to see how this would go down.'

"Well first of all," Gavin began pulling the bag of smarties out from under his desk. "I'm going to explain what the hell is going on, to the audience. Micool can you film?"

Michael shrugged. "I got nothing else to do," he replied.

"And?" I asked him, waiting for an explanation on what we were going to have to do.

"Then we are going to go find the hammer of Thor," he shrugged turning to his desk and clicking around on his computer. I rolled my eyes about to object because that was a stupid idea when Ryan stopped me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Just let him figure this out," he told me quietly so that Gavin wouldn't hear. "The stupider he is the more views we get."

"Its true," Michael chimed in, overhearing Ryan.

"What's true?" Gavin asked turning back toward us, finished with his computer.

"Nothing at all," I said calmly. "We gonna do this or what?"

"Right, so Micool you film me while I explain to the audience, and Pam and Ryan just hang out for a while," Gavin said. Michael grabbed the camera off of Gavin's desk and prepared to film him. Ryan headed back to his desk. I shrugged and went over to the mini fridge and grabbed a bottle of water before heading over to sit by Ryan stealing the unoccupied chair next to him.

"So how long is that going to take?" I quietly asked Ryan.

"Well, it's Gavin explaining things," he said taking a sip of his diet coke. "You figure it out."