Chapter 29: Perfect

Trevor POV:

I drove up to Gavin's house dressed in my tux and ready for my date with Pam. My palms were sweating as I put the car into park. This was happening. We were finally going on a date.

I sat in the car for a moment and looked at the time. It was 6:54. Should I go in now? Would she be ready? I decided to bite the bullet before I chickened out. I got out of my car and locked it before walking up to the porch. I rang the doorbell and waited patiently. There wasn't an answer for some time. Maybe she isn't ready. I should go wait in the car. I nodded to myself and turned to leave. The moment I turned from the door it flung open.

"Trevor you're not going to bail on my sister are you?" I heard a male voice say. I turned to see Gavin standing in the doorway with his arms crossed and a stern look on his face. I flashed him a quick smile.

"I thought that you were forbidding me from seeing her so I was just gonna go in the back way," I smiled. Gavin laughed and gestured for me to come in.

"The girls aren't done with her quite yet but they said a few more minutes," he said. I nodded. "You can have a seat if you like."

"Thanks," I said hesitantly sitting on the couch. Gavin sat on the chair adjacent to me. We sat there quietly for a moment before Gavin broke the silence.

"Trevor, I want to talk to you about Pam," he started. Uh oh. Here comes the big brother 'if you hurt her I'll kill you,' speech' I nodded for him to go on. He sighed. "She's been through a lot man. And the last relationship she was in was rough on her, and I don't ever want to see her in that state again," he told me firmly. I glanced up at him. He was staring at me with a serious look on his face.

I gulped. 'In that state again?' What did that mean? "What happened?" I asked hesitantly.

He shook his head looking away. "It's not my place to say, but when she's ready she'll tell you."

I nodded in understanding as I wiped my palms on my slacks. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I checked the time again, it was now 7:00.

"But past all of that, I want you treat her to a good time, but keep your hands to yourself. Got it?" Gavin said.

"Sure sure. I'll keep my hands to myself. It's your sister you have to worry about I mean look at me," I said gesturing to myself jokingly. "I'm irresistible."

Gavin let out a slight chuckle before I was smacked in the back of the head. Although Gavin didn't move. I let out a loud 'oww' and I jumped up off the couch and turned around. The culprit of my pain was Pam. My heart almost stopped when I saw her and suddenly the wack I received was the furthest thing on my mind.

Despite her annoyed expression at my previous comment, she looked beautiful. Her hair was in a bun on top of her head with two long strands framing her face. She had on just the right amount of makeup, it wasn't too obnoxious but I could tell she was wearing some. It made her eyes pop even more so and I loved it. Call me cliché, but I could stare into her eyes forever if she let me. Her dress was a perfect match for her. It was her favorite color and it fit her perfectly, showing off her curves in all the right areas. She looked so good it hurt.

"Pam you look-" I started.

"Overdone?" She asked shyly immediately letting go of her menacing demeanor. "I knew that it was too much I tried to tell them not to go barmy with the makeup," she sighed, her British accent heavy.

"Pam you look beautiful," I told her, thoroughly meaning ever word as I stared directly into her eyes. Her face flushed as she gave me a shy smile, not breaking eye contact.