Book 1 - Chapter 1

A/N: Here's chapter 1 mes amis! Happy reading :)
_____________________
Chapter 1

(4 years later)

Chloe crouched down and smiled at the beautiful dandelion. She pulled on its trunk and stared at the white floaties that resembled a fuzzy ball on its top. Ever since she was a child, she loved dandelions that were still on their seed head stage. Hence, she loved Spring and the fresh blossoming flowers and trees after the dreading cold winter.

She closed her eyes and breathed in the fresh cool breeze that was gently blowing against her kissed-tan skin. She pictured herself and Ace playing by the fields on the first day of Spring when they were younger. They would pick up the dandelions and blow on them in satisfaction. They would chase each other around until they grow tired and lay down on the grass to watch the clouds move above them.

Chloe sighed as the memory played in her mind. She slowly blew on the dandelion and opened her eyes as she watched each feather-like seed fly with the wind. The grin on her face only grew bigger as she stared at them slowly drifting away, flying and being free.

"Happy first day of Spring, Chloe!" Jane, her best friend, greeted as she ran towards her with Pia and Liam, her other very closed friends, in tow.

"Happy first day of Spring guys!" She happily told them as they each took a dandelion on the ground of their school field and blew on them. They watched the dandelion seeds fly in satisfaction and awe. "Nothing really beats this season, huh?" She told them.

Pia chuckled and nodded her head in agreement. "You've always loved Spring time. And although I'm really more of the 'summer' type, this season really is beautiful." She said as she gestured at the flowers and trees that had started growing.

"As much as I'm enjoying this, we really gotta go. Debra's gonna have our heads if we're late for her class again." Liam informed them. They all stared at each other in fright before dashing towards the building of their school in hurry.

Chloe stopped at the end of the staircase heading to the front doors when she noticed Ace strolling towards the doors with Pearson and Colin, the only two people who Ace really talked to. Ace was popular in school, he really was because of his intelligence, and of course, his looks. He always had his dark brown hair cleanly combed back and he usually wore his large circle-rimmed eyeglasses that made his moss, green eyes stand out. As for his outfits, even if he just wore a plain shirt, faded jeans, and old white vans, he still managed to look hot and handsome to the eyes of many.

Ace was very popular with the crowd, but it didn't mean that he hanged out or befriended everyone. In fact, he was the complete opposite of friendly. He was very reserved and a man of a few words, even though he was the smartest person in school. That didn't mean he just totally ignored everyone though. He was still polite and kind-hearted, just like how his mother, Hilda, had brought him up. But he just didn't like mingling with people who only wanted to hang out with him because of his family background, his looks, or his brain. The last thing he needed were fake friends.

Pearson Freeman was Ace's best friend. They were childhood friends and practically brothers. Pearson and Ace used to live in the same apartment building when Hilda hadn't gotten remarried yet. Ace would usually go next door and got looked after by Paulina Freeman, Pearson's mother, because Hilda and Kelsey, Ace's foster mother and older sister, were at work while Kyle was at the hospital going through his chemotherapies. Kyle was Ace's older brother who was diagnosed with Leukaemia cancer when he was only ten years old. He was all better now though and had graduated from university.

Pearson was known around school as Ace's best friend and for his intelligence as well. Not as bright as Ace, but almost close to it. He was also one of the scholars that Lucas, their father, were sponsoring in their school, Delta Dream High. Pearson couldn't be any grateful for the Montenegro's for their help.