Chapter 43

A/N: Sorry for the delay in updates folks. School's back so everything is extra chaotic right now since everything is online. I'm taking some summer courses so I can graduate early.

Btw, have you ever had a prof who gives you a bunch of assignments and papers to do, thinking that their class is the only course you're taking? Sorry for the rant, just a lil frustrated lol!

Anyway, happy reading y'all :)
_______________________

Chapter 43

After the wedding ceremony, everyone headed to the reception venue. There, they ate, gave their speeches, and partied their hearts out. Everybody had a great time, especially the newly wedded. Chloe had taken a rest after all the dancing and got off of her feet that were throbbing due to her killer heels. After about fifteen minutes, her relaxation time was cut short when Jared invited her to dance.

"May I have a dance, Ms. Montenegro?" He asked as he laid out his hand for her to take.

She shot him a smile and took his hand. He led her towards the dance floor and right at that moment, a slow song had started to play. The crowd split and found themselves a partner to dance with. The bride and the groom also took this chance to be wrapped in each others' embrace and swayed with the music.

"Are you happy, Chlo?" Jared questioned, snapping her out of her trance.

Chloe glanced at him and grinned. "Very." She breathlessly muttered.

"Have you told him about Australia yet?" He asked, wiping the smile off of her face. She shook her head in response as Jared heaved out a sigh.

"I'm scared, Jared. We just started going out. I don't wanna ruin what we have."

"So what's your plan?"

Chloe thought about it for a moment before shrugging her shoulders in defeat. "I don't know. What do you think I should do? Should I still go to Australia?" She asked, her mind in a turmoil.

"Chlo, you know I can't make that decision for you. The only thing that I can tell you is that you should tell Ace about it and maybe the two of you can figure it all out." He suggested.

She let out a heavy sigh, her mood turning sour. She knew Jared meant well, but she just wasn't ready for that conversation just yet as she didn't have any idea of what she wanted to do. They continued swaying with the beat before they were interrupted by Ace.

"May I cut in?" He politely asked Jared who shot him a smile and gently placed Chloe's hand into his. Chloe was then wrapped in Ace's arms, swaying with the slow music. She glanced at Jared over Ace's shoulder and saw him nodding his head to her in encouragement to tell Ace about Australia.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Ace questioned her when he noticed the troubled look on her face.

Chloe quickly shot him a reassuring smile, deciding that this was not the perfect time to tell him about Australia. She didn't want to ruin the moment, especially since it was their brother's wedding. "I'm fine, probably just a little tired. It's been a long, exhausting, but amazingly incredible day."

Ace smiled down at her as he pulled her a little closer to him, keeping a tiny space between the two of them so that no one would grow suspicious of their relationship. "So I was thinking of telling our family about us tomorrow night during dinner." He lowly told her.

Chloe stared into his moss green eyes in surprise and disbelief. "Tomorrow? Already? Are you sure?" She doubtfully questioned him.

"Why not? Are you not ready?"