Chapter 9

A/N: Sorry for the super late update. So to make it up to you guys, here's a very lengthy chapter!

Happy reading :)
______________________
Chapter 9

"I am not wearing this, Jane." Chloe claimed as she threw the tube top that would literally only cover her breast.

"C'mon, you have to look the sexiest in that party to finally score a guy. Besides, Ace is gonna be there and you have to dress to impress." She retorted as she wore her fitting peach dress that hugged all her curves.

Chloe's brows furrowed in confusion and shook her head. "Ace is not gonna be there. Weren't you listening earlier in the café?"

"Trust me, he'll be there." Jane confidently answered with a knowing smirk on her face.

"I know that face. You're up to something. Spill the bean, Janey."

Jane scoffed. "I'm not. Colin texted Pia that apparently Ace and Pearson changed their minds and are now going to attend the party. That's how I found out." She explained while Chloe watched her with scrutinizing eyes.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Come in." Chloe yelled and the door opened, revealing a formal-looking Kyle. He was wearing a navy blue button-up long-sleeves, black slacks, and dark brown formal shoes. A plain black tie was hanging loosely around his neck, all tangled.

"Sorry to interrupt, but can you help me with my tie please?" He asked without bothering to look up from his tie, trying to figure out the knots. Meanwhile, Jane was totally checking him out from his reflection on the mirror. Jane knew she was a bad friend for not telling Chloe, but she always did have a little crush on Kyle ever since they were young.

"Yeah, sure, what's the event?" Chloe asked him and unknotted his tangled tie.

"Just a small business gathering with some of Dad's business partners."

"So he's finally introducing you, huh? Are you nervous?"

"A little bit, can you tell?" He chuckled and Chloe touched his hands that were freezing in anxiousness.

"Yup, you're definitely nervous." She confirmed.

Another knock was heard through the door and Chloe glanced at Lynn's head peeping inside. "Chloe, your mom's looking for you." Lynn said.

Chloe shot Kyle an apologetic smile as he nodded his head in understanding. "Go, I'll figure this out." He reassured her.

"Thanks. Oh, actually, Jane can do it for you." She announced while pointing at Jane who turned her head over her shoulder with the mention of her name. "I'll be back." Chloe lastly said before leaving the room. Both Kyle and Jane could feel the tension thickening in the room.

"Hi." Jane awkwardly breathe out, her voice soundly small and frail. She sometimes hated the fact that she couldn't even keep her composure when she was around him. But she knew better than to expect he would ever take interest in her. Besides, he had always thought of her as his little sister since she used to always come over and have sleepovers with Chloe when they were younger.

"Wow, you look...wow." Kyle stupidly muttered as he stared at her stunning figure. The colour of the dress complimented her skin, making her look like she was glowing. The dress hugged her curvy figure all in the right places and her indescribable bust that seemed to be staring back at him looked very tempting. He then wondered when she had started growing up to this beautiful, exotic lady.

Jane blushed furiously but tried to hide it by letting her hair fall more forward to cover her face. She let out a small chuckle and strode closer to him. She could feel her heart racing against her chest just being so near him. It was a dangerous territory, one that screamed disaster but she was a curious cat. "I'll take that as a compliment then." She told him.