Chapter 45

A/N: Heyooo! How are you all? Hope all is well.

Happy reading :)
_______________________
Chapter 45

It had been a week, which meant that Kyle and Jane were coming back from their honeymoon trip. Chloe had to return to her apartment after staying the whole week with Ace in Kyle's condo. They just couldn't get enough of each other.

It was Saturday and Ace promised the guys to go clubbing. Chloe decided to go home and prepare some dinner for her and Jared. She hadn't seen him in a while and immensely missed his presence.

The oven dinged, signalling that the baked chicken and potatoes were done. She carefully pulled the tray out of the oven and placed it on top of the stove. She heard the front door unlocked and knew that Jared was home. He was just right on time.

"Mhmm..." Jared moaned, getting a whiff of delicious food. "Smells good, what are we having?" He asked as he headed his way towards the kitchen.

"Baked chicken and potatoes." She announced while setting the table. "How was the project? Were you guys able to finish the album?"

"Yeah, we just have to run through it again tomorrow and make sure that it's perfect." He replied, helping her with the plates. They sat from across each other and started to dig in.

"That's good to hear. Another album produced by the Jared Valler." She complimented him, making him chuckle.

"What about you? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. How are you and Ace?"

A grin automatically made its way on her lips at the mention of Ace's name. "We're amazing." She heavenly sighed as if she was on cloud 9. "I don't know how to explain it. I just know he makes me very happy."

"That's what love does to people." He snickered in amusement. "Have you told him about Australia yet?" He asked, faltering the smile on her face. She felt the guilt settle at the pit of her stomach. She heard Jared heaved out a sigh. "Chloe..." He started off, his disappointed tone was very evident in his voice.

"I know, I know." She shamefully covered her face with her hands. "I just - I'm just looking for the perfect timing." She reasoned out.

"Well, you have to tell him soon."

"I don't know. I don't know what to do, Jared. I don't even know if I still want to go to Australia." She admitted as she ran a hand over her face in frustration.

"Don't do this, Chlo. You've planned this for a whole year and now you just wanna throw it all away? Your grandparents are expecting you in three weeks. An amazing job is waiting for you there. Talk to Ace about this and I'm sure you'll both figure it out. But please, don't just throw away a great opportunity without even considering your options." He pleaded, knowing how much she had been looking forward to her trip to Australia and he knew that she would regret it later on if she passed on the opportunity.

"Okay, okay. You're right." She said, letting out a sigh. "I'll talk to Ace tomorrow." She decided as he nodded his head in agreement before they delve into their dinner again.

~ * ~ * ~

The next day, Chloe had invited Ace over at her apartment so that she could tell him about Australia. It was past two o'clock in the afternoon when he had arrived with a box of pizza on one hand and a pack of lemonade on the other.

"Hi." She greeted him, placing a quick peck on his lips as soon as she had opened the door for him. He shot her a sweet, charming smile before heading towards the living room where Chloe had already prepared for their movie date.