Chapter 20

A/N: Another update?! Can you believe it?... 

Happy reading :)

____________________

Chapter 20

Chloe woke up by the sound of a phone repeatedly ringing in the room. She groaned and scooted over to the right side of the bed, where her nightstand was placed. She reached for it, with her eyes still close, only to have her arm fall down, touching nothing but air.

Her brows unconsciously furrowed in confusion as she opened her eyes, then realizing that she wasn't at home but at the hospital. When realization had sank in, she slowly sat up and tried finding the source of the noise.

There, at the couch on the left side of the bed, was the phone ringing endlessly. The phone was silent for a few seconds and Chloe was relieved that the noise had died down. But as soon as it had left, the phone started ringing once again.

She groaned and got up to grab the phone; it was Ace's. He must've dropped it earlier. She grabbed the phone on the couch and glanced at the caller ID. The caller's name was Justin Prescott. She didn't know any Justin but answered the phone anyway.

"Ace, I've got great news!" The husky voice stated over the phone before she could even respond. "I found her! I can't believe we finally made some progress. Apparently, your mother, who goes by the name of 'Pricilla Powers', has been looking for you for the last fifteen years. But since you ran away from the orphanage, she couldn't get any info about you or where to find you. She currently lives in Connecticut with her 12-year-old daughter and her husband. I got her phone number, so do you want me to make a call or would you like to do it yourself?" He asked, finally finishing his rumbling.

Chloe didn't know what to feel about the news she was hearing. Should she be happy that Ace was actually looking for his biological mother since they were only discussing about it a month ago? Or should she be mad that he didn't tell anyone about it and kept it a secret to all of them?

"Ace is not here at the moment. But I could give him the message." She told the guy over the phone. There was a brief pause on the other line and Chloe thought that he had hanged up. But he cleared his throat and spoke again.

"I'm sorry, I was blabbering without even letting you speak. Please tell Ace to call me. Thanks." He said before hanging up the phone.

Chloe stared at the black screen for a few seconds before she heard the door shut closed. As soon as he turned around, he halted in his steps when he saw Chloe standing in her hospital gown next to the couch. He hasn't noticed his phone in her hand just yet.

"What are you doing up? Didn't the doctor say that you have to rest?" He asked, approaching her.

"Your phone was ringing." She announced, gesturing to his phone in her hand. "Got a call from a Justin Prescott." She told him and Ace quickly snatched the phone away from her.

"Did you answer it?" He accusingly asked her with scrutinizing eyes. "Did you?!" He pressed on when she didn't reply or show any indication that she did.

"Don't yell at me, Ace. I'm not the one who's keeping secrets here." She retorted, only flipping him off.

"You shouldn't be snooping around other people's business! Ever heard of privacy?" He barked back, and Chloe knew it was time to bite her tongue back before she regret saying anything that would further infuriate him. Knowing Ace, as soon as his eyes turn into a very dark green hue with a hint of brown around the pupils, it meant that he was beyond furious and was trying to hold his anger in.

Chloe sat back on the bed, with her feet dangling a few centimetres off the floor because of her small height. "I'm sorry." She dropped the subject and decided to swallow her pride rather than have him lecture her about privacy and release the beast he possessed inside of him.