Chapter 36

A/N: Hey y'all. It's currently 6:30pm here in Canada and the count down for New Year has started. Five and a half more hours before year 2020 begins. Who's excited? I figured we should end the year with an update, so here ya go!

Happy reading ;)

_____________________

Chapter 36

The next morning, Chloe felt as if her head was about to explode. The never-ending pounding was slowly killing her. This was definitely the worse hangover she'd ever gotten. She then heard a soft knock on her door that only added pain to her head.

"Good morning." Jared greeted, peeking his head inside the room. "I was just gonna come in to say that I'm heading to work. I called Lyndsey by the way and let her know you won't be able to come in today because you have an urgent thing to get to." He informed her.

"Thanks." She groggily replied as she sat up on the bed, holding her head in pain. "What happened last night? How did I get home? Did I call you?" She bombarded him with questions.

"You don't remember?" Jared asked with a smirk playing along his lips. Chloe didn't like the smug, teasing look on his face and if her head wasn't killing her, she would've smacked him that instant.

"You think I would ask if I did?" She sarcastically commented.

"Well, Ace brought you home." He said, making Chloe whipped her head towards his direction in surprise.

"Ow." She groaned, holding onto her head as if that was going to lessen the pain. "Are you serious?" She asked once she had composed herself. "Ace brought me home?"

"Yeah, carrying you in his arms and all. You looked like an old married couple actually." He teased, causing Chloe to throw a pillow towards his face, which he had easily dodged.

"Oh God!" She grumbled underneath her breath. "I didn't say or do anything stupid, did I?" She questioned, already anticipating for the worst.

Jared heard the intercom buzzed and he quickly went to check who it was. To say he was shocked to hear Ace's voice over the intercom was an understatement. Jared opened the door and let him in, unsure why he was there late at night.

Jared then heard several knocks on the door and went to open it, only to see Chloe's passed out body being carried in Ace's arms. "What happened?" He asked.

"Chloe got drunk." Ace announced.

"Chloe? Drunk? Now that's a sentence I never knew I would ever hear." He commented before opening the door wider to let Ace in. "Come in. Her room's the first door on the left." He told him, following in tow.

Ace gently plopped Chloe down on her bed as she groaned and stirred in her sleep. Ace sighed and was about to leave when Chloe grabbed on his arm, her eyes still closed and everything.

"Please, don't leave me." She begged him.

"Chloe, you're home. And Jared's here." Ace awkwardly notified her, unsure if Jared was okay with his girlfriend asking Ace to stay.

"Please, please stay." She continued to beg him, making Ace even more uncomfortable than he already was.

"I'll leave you two alone." Jared announced before leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Oh God!" Chloe repeated, moaning both in pain and embarrassment. "I asked him to stay? How desperate could I get?" She mumbled over her hands that were covering her face in shame. "What else did I do?" She asked, taking a small peek at him in between her fingers.