Chapter 2

A/N: ❤️'s day in two days... Meanwhile, I'll be here on Wattpad reading and fantasizing of my nonexistent love life... lol

Anyway, enough of my drama!

Happy reading :)
________________________
Chapter 2

"Chloe?" He asked, flabbergasted. He quickly ran a hand through his disheveled hair in an attempt to fix it and cleared his throat.

Chloe bit her lip to stop herself from laughing at how stressed out he looked. Although he looked really good with his green bomber jacket, plain black shirt, black ripped jeans, and dark brown combat boots. He was always so stylish. "You look fine, Jared." She informed him as he covered his choke by a cough.

Jared Valler, the best guitarist and male singer of Delta Dream High. He was popular with the girls for his cuteness and charm. A total package was what most girls would classify him as. Jared and Chloe weren't exactly friends but they weren't foes either, they were acquaintances. He was in a few of Chloe's academic courses and they shared the same vocal class. They talked when necessary but they were never really given a chance to hang out with one another.

"I'll leave you two alone. I need to get these copied by tomorrow morning." Mrs. Piper announced as she left the room with a stack of paper in her hand.

"Sorry, were you waiting long?" He asked as he plopped himself down on the couch opposite to where she was sitting.

"Not really. Maybe around five minutes?"

"Sorry again, I was in the music room practicing for my audition. I completely lost track of time." He explained as Chloe nodded in understanding.

"That's fine, don't worry about it." She assured him as he started pulling his planner out of his bag. "I didn't know that you tutored." She commented causing him to look up from his planner.

"Yeah, I needed another extracurricular activity that didn't involve music. You know, for my college application." He nonchalantly said with a shrug.

"Of course." Chloe muttered under her breath. It had seemed that all everyone could talk about were their plans after high school and their college applications. Meanwhile, here she was without anything going for her. Her only goal was to graduate and do God knows what right after. Although she had sent her applications to some colleges, she wasn't really thrilled or in anticipation to hear about their reply.

Jared glanced at her and smiled. "I heard you applied to Crowell's Music and Fine Arts. That's one of my dream schools." He told her.

"I'm not really thinking about going to college right now." She admitted.

"You planning to take a gap year then?" He asked in curiosity. "Or do you not have any plans to go to college at all?" He bluntly questioned which didn't surprised Chloe. It seemed that everyone could clearly read her like an open book which was a very scary thought.

"More on the latter part." She answered and sighed. "Anyway, we should probably set a day and time on when we can meet for this." She said, changing the subject.

Jared nodded and placed his planner on the centre table. Chloe scooted closer, sitting almost at the edge of the couch, to look at it. Chloe glanced at his calendar for the month and was so surprised of how busy he was. "Wow, you're a busy guy." She voiced out her thoughts, earning a chuckle from Jared.

"I guess you can say that. Aside from my music practices on Mondays and Wednesdays during lunch time, I also go to work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays after school and during the weekend depending on how busy the café is. Does Tuesday lunch and Thursday after school work for you? Friday's kinda my day-off." He told her in one go and Chloe couldn't help but stare at him in awe. Finding out how busy he was going to school and work, and doing his hobby, got Chloe thinking of how boring and dull her life was. She was so under-stressed that she had started contemplating what she was doing with her life.