Chapter 18

Happy Easter Monday, everybody! Happy reading :)
_______________________
Chapter 18

The next day, everyone met at the cafeteria for breakfast. It was an exciting day ahead of them. They were going on a hike then go to their respective groups to play treasure hunt. But it wasn't just any ordinary treasure hunt; it had a twist on it. If a student was shot with a paintball gun, they were out of the game and would be held captive on the other team's base for the rest of the game. The only way they could be revive was if the designated 'doctor' of the group healed them by coming to the opponent's base successfully without being hit with the gun. The whole goal was to find the right treasure key in order to unlock the treasure box that each team possessed.

"Alright, alright! Settle down everybody!" Mr. Kim yelled over the noisy chatters in the cafeteria. "Once we reach the paintball area after we hike for about fifteen to twenty minutes, all of you will be wearing your gears and get ready for the game. Your teams will be the same as your bus groups, I'm sure you all know where you're suppose to be. If you don't, don't worry, we'll be giving you coloured vests so you don't go around shooting your teammates. Now remember, this is just a friendly game. But, of course, the winning team gets the privilege of getting to eat a five-star course meal tonight while the two losing teams can watch in envy." He announced, causing a few cheers from the crowd. "So section two, make sure you win or I'm gonna leave you all out there to get eaten by bears." He threatened them and a few from the section laughed.

"Anyhow, without further-a-do, let's get the game started, shall we?!" Mrs. Halley interrupted and the crowed cheered in excitement.

The students started to hike up the forest in order to get to the paintball area. Once they have arrived there, they all went to their respective groups with their respective leaders who were the teachers. They put on their gears and each teachers made sure that their section were prepared and properly geared.

"Alright, section two, huddle up!" Mr. Kim ordered and beckoned them in one corner so the other groups wouldn't hear them. Chloe, Jane, Ace, Pearson, and the rest of their group huddled in a circle. "Freeman, you'll be our doctor since it'll be too obvious if we put Williams or Parker on." He said with a hushed tone and Pearson nodded in understanding.

"Got it, sir." Pearson answered.

"Manssen, Brody, Williams, all three of you watch the base and make sure they don't get any keys that we find. Watch the captives too and ensure that the opponents' doctors wouldn't be able to enter the safe zone without getting hit. Freeman, steer away from the crowd and hide as much as possible to keep yourself safe. Parker, Montenegro, Johnson, and Peters I'll put you four in-charged of finding as many keys as you can and bring them to the base as soon as possible. As for the rest of you, guard Freeman, Parker, Montenegro, Johnson, and Peters and shoot as many enemies as you can. Are we clear?" He asked and everyone nodded their head. Mr. Kim was sounding like his usual self, coaching them as if he was coaching the basketball team. Chloe was used to it though, because he was her teacher for fitness class last year and he was Ace's basketball coach.

"Teamwork on a count of three." Mr. Kim commanded and stuck his arm in the middle of the circle. Everyone followed and placed their hands on top of his. "One, two, three!"

"TEAMWORK!" Everybody in section two screamed before they dispersed.

Jane approached Chloe who was frozen on her spot with a frightened look on her face. "Are you okay, Chlo? You don't look very well." She worriedly asked as she stared at Chloe's pale face.

Chloe shook her head to shake the negative thoughts out of her head. She was still paranoid of the countless of possibilities that may happen to her during the trip and it was scaring her. "I'm fine, don't worry about me." She told her, trying to sound convincing but Jane was not having it.