Chapter 39

A/N: Throwing you some more romance. Here ya go!

Happy reading ;)
_______________________

Chapter 39

Chloe opened the lids of her eyes and were met by Ace's hypnotizing green orbs. She was a little surprised, feeling surreal about everything that had happened last night. She thought it was all a dream and she wished she would never wake up.

"Good morning." He smiled, his voice sounding very husky and sweet. He caressed her cheek with his thumb.

She poked his cheek with her index finger, thinking that he would disappear in thin air. But her touch came in contact with his skin, making her realized that everything was real. It wasn't a dream, it was a dream come true.

Ace furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at her touch. "What are you doing?" He asked in amusement.

"Checking if you're real." She honestly stated, her mind still in a daze.

He only chuckled, took a hold of the finger that was poking his cheek, and kiss her palm. "I'm a hundred percent real." He announced.

Chloe stared at his action in amazement when he intertwined their fingers together. She smiled at the gesture, her heart being filled with so much joy and ecstasy. "What's gonna happen now?" She asked a few minutes later.

Ace sighed when he realized that they had to go back to reality where they have to face the world. "We'll tell mom and dad first, then we can tell everybody else. How does that sound?"

Chloe was surprised that he was actually willing to go through with it. She thought that he would push her away again like last time and pretend that nothing had happened between the two of them. She didn't know why he had changed his mind about her but she was not going to complain.

"Okay. But let's do it after the wedding. I don't wanna steal the thunder from Jane and Kyle." She suggested.

"Of course." He nodded in agreement before pulling her closer to his body, placing a kiss on her head.

They were enjoying every moment wrapped up in each other's embrace when a knock was heard from the door. "Chloe, Ace, brunch!" Liam's teasing voice yelled from the other side. It was obvious that his tone was suggesting that something had happened between Chloe and Ace last night, and he wasn't exactly wrong.

"We should get going." Chloe said, pulling away from his embrace only to have Ace groan and pull her back in, her back coming into contact with his chest.

"Can't we stay here for another hour?" He demanded, tightening his hold onto her as he nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck.

"Ace, they'll get suspicious. C'mon, let's go."

"But I just wanna be with you. You have no idea how long I've waited for this." He breathed against her neck, causing a shiver to run down her spine.

Chloe turned around to face him and stared into his sleepy eyes. "Tell you what? How about we spend the whole day together on Tuesday? I booked the whole week off anyway because I'm going to be helping Jane out for some of the last minute wedding bits. I'll just tell her I have something to take care of on Tuesday." She suggested.

Ace smiled and nodded. "That sounds perfect."

"Alright, but we really gotta get up." She said as he groaned once again and was about to pull her back to bed but she was too quick. "C'mon! This trip is for Jane and Kyle remember?" Chloe chuckled, watching him pout while sitting up in bed. It was a rare sight and she couldn't believed that she was lucky enough to witness an adorable, pouty Ace.