Chapter 7

A/N: Hey everyone! Just wanna greet a belated Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! We appreciate the love, comfort, care, and most importantly, sacrifices you've given and done for us, your children. We love you, moms! <3

Happy Reading :)

_________________

Chapter 7

Chloe felt nausea as she tried to picture in her head how dinner was gonna go that night. Ever since she had the talk with Liam, she couldn't help but feel more anxious for the evening of her death.

"What?!" Liam exclaimed as she shut her locker closed. They were done for the day and all Chloe wanted to do was go home, take an hour nap, and get ready for her family dinner. "No, no, no, no, no!" He furiously shook his head at her.

"What? What's the big deal? It's just dinner, Liam." She nonchalantly told him.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh... Just a casual dinner with your family, alright. It's not like you're introducing a boyfriend. I mean, when my sister brought a guy home for dinner, for sure, my mom and I didn't think that they were together at all or anything..." He said in sarcasm as he strolled next to Chloe towards the exit doors of their school.

"What's your point?" Chloe glared at him, not comprehending anything he was hinting at her. This had caused Liam to sigh exaggeratedly and shot her a look that made her felt stupid.

"Chloe, sweetie, let me explain this to you slow but clear." He started as he held onto her shoulders and squarely position himself to her. "You never, ever, under any circumstance, invite a guy, alone, on a family dinner, unless this guy is madly in love with you or you're introducing him to your family as your boyfriend. Now are you getting the drift?" He asked with a raised brow.

Chloe removed his hands from her shoulders and sighed. "Once I tell my family that Jared is just my math tutor, they'll back off, okay?"

"Yeah, because your father and your brothers are very understanding." He, once again, stated full of sarcasm.

"Liam, it's really not a big deal. Besides, when I invited you over for dinner the very first time you were fine." She retorted.

"Yeah...about that..." He started, sheepishly rubbing the nape of his neck.

"Oh god! No, they didn't...?" She asked with widened eyes and Liam reluctantly nodded his head in response.

"Oh but they did."

"When?!" She questioned and she could feel the tension inside her body rising up.

"Right when you excused yourself to go to the bathroom. It was the worst five minutes of my life. They asked me what my plan was in the future and asked how I was gonna feed you and our 'future kids'. I was only twelve years old, Chloe, twelve! I'm a hundred percent sure that was the triggering point when I decided to become gay." He genuinely admitted as Chloe watched him in horror.

She knew her family was crazy. They were a bunch of psychopaths who were all too possessive and protective. Four alpha males who could break a guy's physical and mental state: Lucas, her father; Kyle and Ace, her brothers; and Mason, her brother-in-law who used to take care of her when she was still a baby. All of whom had been protective of her since she was the 'baby' of the family.

"I'm never gonna see Jared again, am I?" She rhetorically asked, but she knew the answer fully well.

"Because you're family's gonna scare him off? Yup, say your last words to him, sweetheart."