Chapter 11

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated lately. Been very busy enjoying my summer break way too much.

Anyway, Happy Reading :)
______________________
Chapter 11

Chloe woke up the next day with tear-stained cheeks and puffy, swollen eyes. She really hated it when she cried before going to sleep. It was already quarter to twelve and she was starving. After their little escapade last night, Ace and Chloe had arrived home at around three-thirty in the morning. She was for sure certain that he was now experiencing the worse hungover ever.

She decided to get ready to start half of the day she had left and took a quick shower. She put on her casual jeans and threw on some light sweater on. She wore her worn out, favourite sneakers and headed downstairs to get herself some food. She noticed some boxes stacked on top of each other at the bottom of the staircase and she stared at it in curiosity.

"What's going on?" She asked Lynn who was guiding a middle-aged man towards the box.

"Kyle's moving to his condo today, remember?" Lynn reminded her as the man stacked two boxes together on a trolley and pushed it outside.

"Right, right." Chloe nodded and followed Lynn towards the kitchen. "Did you guys eat lunch already?" She asked, hoping there were still some left because she was famished.

"Yes, and I saved you and Ace some. What time did you get back from the party? How was it, by the way?" She asked as she set Chloe a plate by the counter and Chloe sat on the stool.

Chloe scrunched up her face as she remembered how she had to deal with all the drunkards last night. "We got back around three-thirty. And it was awful. Everyone got drunk and let's just say there were disgusting vomit and a lot of whining involved." She explained, picturing Jane and Pia throwing up by the bushes and Ace's childish actions last night.

Lynn grimaced at her story while placing some white creamy pasta on her plate. "That does sound awful." She replied and handed Chloe a fork. Chloe gratefully thanked her and ravished the pasta.

Suddenly, they heard a grunt by the doorway and it revealed a very distraught man who had both of his hands on his head in frustration and pain. "Good morning to you too." Lynn greeted him as he strode towards the stool and sat next to Chloe. "Coffee?" Lynn offered.

"Yes please." Ace groaned in pain and rested his head on the cold marble tile of the counter. Lynn chuckled at the hopeless boy and poured himself a cup of coffee and added a teaspoon of sugar and cream on it, just the way he liked it.

"Here you go, sweetheart. And drink a tablet or two of this as well to get rid of that hungover." She ordered as she placed the cup of coffee in front of him and a bottle of Advil for his headache.

Ace took a sip of his coffee and sighed in delight at its addictive taste. He then heard the clanging sound of Chloe's fork against the plate and suddenly took a hold of her hand, halting her action. Chloe glanced at him with a raised brow, waiting for his explanation.

"Stop making those clanging sounds. It's hurting my head." He pouted and released her hand to get back to his coffee. If there was one thing that Chloe hated, it was when people disturb her when she was eating, especially when she was very hungry. She shot him daggers through her eyes before flicking his forehead with her finger.

"Ow!" He howled in pain and groaned hearing his own scream. He placed his hands on either side of his head and moaned as the pounding against his head increased.

"Chloe!" Lynn scolded her and Chloe innocently shrugged her shoulders. Lynn shot her an accusing look as Chloe went back to her pasta as if nothing happened. "Just drink the tablet, Ace." Lynn commanded and handed him one. He quickly placed it in his mouth and took a sip of his coffee to aid his swallowing. He then turned his head towards Chloe and glared at her.