Book 2 - Chapter 28

A/N: This is officially the start of Book 2 of Nonreciprocal Love. Again, it's just a continuation of Book 1 (hence, the chapter number continues) but it will fast forward in time.

Happy Reading y'all :)

______________________

4 years later...

"I can't believe it. My best man is finally here!" Kyle screamed in excitement as he pulled Ace in a brotherly hug. Four years have passed and Ace had just graduated from his biomedical science undergrad program. And on the coming school year, he was going to medicine school.

Kyle helped him put his luggage in the trunk of his car. Kyle had just picked up his brother, whom he hadn't seen for the last four years, at the airport. Ace had just flew in from Connecticut for Kyle's wedding that was happening in one month time. Kyle wanted to throw their mother, Hilda, a surprise birthday party tonight, so he asked Ace to come a little earlier. Hilda had no idea that Ace was coming. Actually, nobody knew except for Kyle and Jane.

"I can't believe you're getting married." Ace commented once they were inside the car, heading home. Ace immensely missed it here. He especially missed his family and friends who he hadn't seen for the last four years. Yes, he often would video call with his parents, but it still wasn't the same as seeing them in person. He was excited to see them again.

As for his biological mother and his new family at Connecticut, they were very kind and loving towards Ace. His half-sister, Paisley, was obsessed with having a sibling so she went fanatic when she finally met him. While his step-father, Jordan, had treated him like his very own son. Jordan had helped Pricilla, Ace's mother, look for Ace when he was kidnapped by his very own biological father. When everyone else had given up in helping Pricilla, Jordan remained. Ace's new family were amazing and they made it much easier for him to settle down at Connecticut.

"Neither am I." Kyle chuckled, still a little stunned that he was going to be a married man in a month.

"I can't believe Jane said yes." Ace teased him.

"Hey!" He protested, but laughed anyway. "What about you, huh? Have you met anyone special in Connecticut?" He nudged, changing the topic to him. Ace's smile faltered and he stayed silent. Kyle briefly sent him a suspicious look before returning his eyes back on the road. "Ah, I see someone's still hung up on a girl he left here four years ago." Kyle added in a teasing manner.

Ace sent him a glare and sighed. "How's everyone doing anyway?" He asked, changing the subject. He didn't really wanna dwell into his love life right now and knowing that he was going to see Chloe in half an hour was giving him anxiety.

They haven't spoken to each other since he had left. The last time was when he told her he had decided to move to Connecticut the night of Kyle's announcement. After that, they didn't really get to talk anymore. He tried to avoid her at all cost as well. He would only call Hilda and Lucas when he knew Chloe was away or was at school. He just didn't know what to say to her after not saying goodbye. Chloe had actually tried contacting him. She had sent him a bunch of messages and called him a couple of times for the first few months he had moved away. But as time went by, she had stopped, and Ace didn't know whether he should be relieved or not.

"Mom and Dad are great. They're actually planning on going on another vacation after the wedding." Kyle notified him.

"Dad's really enjoying his retirement, huh? What about you? How are you liking the CEO life?"