Chapter 42

A/N: Hi everyone! How are you guys? How's the quarantine going? Let me know what you've been up to lately. I've been cooped up at home and haven't left the parameters of my house. I've also been very unproductive and I feel like school work is catching up on me. Anyway, hope you are all staying home and safe!

Happy reading :)
_______________________
Chapter 42

Chloe helped pin the veil onto Jane's hair and stepped back to study the stunning bride through the mirror.

"You look beautiful, Jane." She complimented, shooting her a beaming smile. Jane took a deep breath to calm her nervous and excited self. "Are you nervous?" Chloe chuckled at her best friend.

"That, and very excited to be marrying the love of my life today." Jane admitted, her smile brightening her beautiful face.

"Do you realize that after today, you are actually going to be my sister, by law that is?" She asked as she straightened Jane's gown.

"We've always been sisters anyway." Jane said, turning around so that she was facing Chloe. "I love you, Chlo. Thanks for accepting my relationship with your brother." She sincerely uttered before pulling her into a hug.

"I love you too, Jane. Welcome to the family."

"By the way, you owe me some stories from Tuesday. I need every.single.detail." Jane smirked as they pulled away from their embrace.

Chloe's brows shot up in astonishment. "How'd you find out?" She questioned in incredulity.

"Kyle has been telling me that Ace is always on his phone these past few days. Then you bailed on me on Tuesday saying that you had something important to do at work. But when I talked to Jared the other day, he said that you were on a leave and didn't come to work at all this week." Jane stated, piecing all the information together.

"Oh, and I might have seen you guys kissing before parting ways last night." Jane added, causing a gasp to escape from Chloe's lips.

"Did anyone else see us?" She asked in panic.

"No. I dragged Kyle away as soon as I saw. You owe me, big time!" Jane said, wildly grinning at her. "I'm so happy for you, Chlo."

"I just hope everything works out. I hope our family accepts our relationship." Chloe muttered, biting the corner of her bottom lip in anxiousness.

"I'm sure they'll be happy for the both of you. Only a blind person would not be able to see how in love the two of you are with each other." Jane teased as she fixed the flower crown on Chloe's head.

"You should probably bring Kyle to an ophthalmologist then." Chloe remarked, causing the both of them to chuckle.

"Kyle is just too dense at times. But I'm sure he'll be your number one supporter."

"I really hope so." Chloe wistfully murmured. "Enough about me. This is your day! Let's get going or we're gonna be late for the ceremony. Trust me when I say that Kyle might think you're bailing on him last minute. He's a man full of insecurities when it comes to you."

"I'd like to think so." Jane sassily said, shrugging her shoulder in a sexy way. Chloe only laughed at her best friend's silliness before pulling her out of the room so they could get going.

~ * ~ * ~

"Nervous?" Ace teased his brother who had been pacing back and forth for the last five minutes. They were already at the church waiting for the bride to arrive so that they could begin the ceremony.

"What if she doesn't show up? What if she's having second thoughts?" Kyle anxiously murmured, biting the nail on his thumb.

"Don't be ridiculous now. Jane's madly in love with you. She'll be more than ecstatic to marry you today or any day for that matter." Ace reassured him.