Chapter 46

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm back to my clinical placement. Never seen the hospital so empty and quiet. Visitors are currently not encouraged to visit at the moment because of covid.

On a different note, there are only two chapters left after this. This book is almost ending and I'm very happy to be completing another work! Thanks for all the love and support <3

Anyway, happy reading :)
_______________________
Chapter 46

"Just tell me what you told him?" Hilda demanded of her husband while he was busily arranging some papers he needed to submit to his lawyer for the company.

"Hilda please, I'm trying to work." Lucas pointed out.

Hilda was trying to fish out some information from him regarding the tension she had felt between Lucas and Ace when they announced that Ace and Chloe were dating. Hilda wanted to know what Lucas had told her children because she knew something was off. She could feel it in her guts that something terrible was about to come.

"Then spare me a minute, will you?" She pleaded as she snatched the folder from his grasp, making him sigh impatiently. "Tell me what happened."

Lucas didn't want to talk about it but he knew how stubborn his wife could get. If she really wanted to know something, she wouldn't leave him alone until he tells her, and he really needed to get the documents ready for tomorrow morning. "I told him about Chloe's plans of moving to Australia." He informed her.

"Why would you do that? Why can't you let them figure it out?"

"Have you met your daughter?" He asked, expecting her to know their daughter better. "Chloe will not hesitate to cancel her future plans just to be with Ace."

"Is that so bad?" She questioned with a raised brow.

"Yes, yes it is." He admitted while running a hand down his face in frustration. "Because right now, she should focus on her career and building her future."

"And who are you to decide what future she wants to pursue? Maybe going to Australia is not somewhere she would be happy. Maybe being with Ace is where she wants to build her future. Why are you hindering them from their happiness? Is it because you find it weird that our children are dating each other? Lucas, they're not related. Shouldn't we be glad that at least we know they won't intentionally hurt each other?"

"That's exactly what I'm afraid of." He muttered.

"What?" She asked in confusion.

"They're gonna end up hurting each other. Whether that be intentionally or not. What's gonna happen then, huh? Our family will never be the same again." He stated, making her understand where he was coming from. Hilda knew he had a good point. If Ace and Chloe didn't work out, it would certainly leave a taint in their family. 

"But what if they work out?" She questioned in hope. "Are you really going to stop them from their happiness? Are you not going to give them the chance to see it for themselves?"

Lucas was about to respond when there was a series of loud, persistent knocks on the door. He told them to come in and Lynn entered looking frantic and scared.

"What's wrong, Lynn?" Hilda calmly asked her, noticing the distraught on her face.

"It's Chloe."

~ * ~ * ~

Lucas and Hilda rushed to the hospital as soon as they heard the news about Chloe. They sprinted to the room and saw Jared standing outside the door. He sent them a small smile in greetings.