Chapter 40

A/N: A very sweet update for y'all!

Happy reading ;)
_______________________
Chapter 40

Chloe was putting her sneakers on when a knock on the door was heard. She quickly tied her shoelaces, grabbed her purse and keys by the centre table before jogging to the front door. She opened it and was greeted by Ace's handsome figure.

He was wearing a plain white shirt with black jeans and white sneakers. He looked good even in the simplest clothing. She glanced at his face and found him smirking down at her.

"Are you done checking me out?" He playfully asked, raising a mocking brow at her. She only scowled at his cockiness before closing the door behind her.

She was about to walk towards the elevator when she felt his arm wrap around her waist, pulling her to his side. "You look beautiful." He muttered, placing a kiss on the side of her head. She was wearing a summery-short jumpsuit. Very simple and cute, and Ace couldn't help but stare at her flawless legs.

She smiled at the gesture before glancing at him

She smiled at the gesture before glancing at him. "Let's go, my love." She said, emphasizing the words 'my love' as if mocking him.

He was astounded that she had used his pet name for her back to him. Chloe took this opportunity to untangle herself from his embrace and headed towards the elevator. Ace was quickly snapped out of his trance when he heard the ping of the elevator, indicating that it had arrived.

"Coming?" She questioned him before entering the elevator. He hurried inside before the doors started to close.

He stared intently at her but she kept her gaze forward. He was confused as to why she was acting so strange towards him. It was as if she was playing a game with him.

"Did something happen?" He asked.

"No, let's go." She said as soon as the elevator doors opened. He guided her towards his car, still unsure what she was doing and what type of game she was playing.

"You're acting weird." He started once they were inside the car.

"Me? I don't think so." She nonchalantly shrugged, keeping her eyes out the window. She knew he was probably starting to grow frustrated of her because of her strangeness today. But she wanted to see how far she could go with finding the truth about that drunken night. She was purposely sending hints here and there because she wanted him to tell her directly of what really happened that night since he didn't even bother on telling her the next morning when he had visited and asked about the bachelorette party for Jane.

Ace sent her a curious glance once again before sighing and pulling out of the parking lot. He had the perfect idea for their first date and he really hoped that she'd like it.