Chapter 22

A/N: Here's to another lengthy chapter!

Happy reading :)
_______________________
Chapter 22

Jane woke up early in the morning when she felt a heavy feeling on her body. She couldn't move and her right arm felt numbed. She slowly opened her eyes and let her eyes adjust to the semi-lit room. It was still a little dark outside, the sun was only about to rise. She briefly glanced at her left, only to freeze when she realized that her bedroom walls had suddenly turned from cream to grey overnight.

Panic settled in her chest, realizing that she wasn't home. She was about to sit up, only to be restrained by the heavy weight that had been resting on her the whole time. She heard a groan from behind her and the arm and the leg that was wrapped around her body pulled her closer, causing her to lay on her right side.

Jane's heart started pounding in her chest. Her face was only a few centimetres away from Kyle's and being so close to him was making the butterflies in her stomach swarm wildly. She found herself studying his flawless face, and before she could stop herself, her finger started tracing his brows, down the side of his face, towards his defined jawline.

"If you don't stop doing that, I might not be able to contain myself." Kyle murmured, causing a small gasp to escape her lips and halting her movement. Jane tried to pull away from his embrace, only to have her body flipped over, with Kyle laying on top of her, caging her body with his arms on each of her side.

Kyle leaned down, unable to control himself any longer. "Kyle, I-" Before Jane could even finish her sentence, his lips were already pressed upon her own. He took his time with the kiss, enjoying every moment of it. Jane didn't know what to do at first, but found herself responding to his kiss anyway. She knew she was going to hate herself later for it, but for now, she was going to enjoy every moment of their most anticipating kiss.

It seemed like eternity when Kyle finally pulled away, resting his forehead against hers. The only audible sound that could be heard in the room were their loud panting, trying to catch their breaths. "This is wrong." She managed to gasped out, her voice barely above a whisper.

"How can it be wrong when it feels so right?" He asked, pulling back a little to look into her mesmerizing eyes.

"You're my best friend's brother. She's gonna hate me if she finds out that I'm messing around with you." She explained, her eyes closed. She couldn't look him in the eyes for more than a few seconds because she felt like she would melt right at that very moment by the way he was staring at her.

"Do you really believe that? Do you really think she's going to hate you for kissing me?" He pointed out, and Jane knew that Chloe would be more ecstatic than mad if she found out that there was something going on between her best friend and her older brother. Heck, Chloe would be their number one shipper. "Look at me. Open your eyes and tell me if you really believe that." He demanded.

Jane slowly opened her lids but avoided his eyes at all cost. She was about to move her head to the side, however, Kyle held her chin with his fingers and made her look at him. Since one of his hands was now on her face, half of his body was fully pressed onto hers, while his under arm was trying to keep his whole body weight off of her. "Answer me, is it really Chloe that you're worried about?" He questioned once again.

Jane knew that she couldn't lie anymore. Not when he was staring straight through her soul. "No." She squeaked out.

"Then what's really bothering you?"

Jane fiddled with the bedsheets, biting the corner of her bottom lip in hesitant. "Stop that. Or I'm not gonna be held responsible for my next action." He said, running his thumb on her lower lip to release it from her teeth. Blood quickly rushed to her cheeks as she blushed furiously from his dirty thoughts. "Now tell me what really worries you."