Chapter 48

A/N: Last chapter, everybody! Happy reading :)
_______________________

Chapter 48

It was the last day before Chloe had to leave for Australia. The whole family decided to have dinner together at the Montenegro's house. It was their last get together before Chloe and Ace leave.

"I can't believe my baby's leaving tomorrow." Lucas muttered as he pulled Chloe into a tight embrace, placing a kiss on the top of her head. "Did you message Lucy what time you're arriving?" He asked.

"Yes, dad. Don't worry about it. I have everything set up and she and gran are gonna pick me up from the airport." She informed him. Lucy was Chloe's cousin. Lucy was the daughter of Gio, Chloe's biological mother's older brother. Chloe and Lucy had been very closed when they were young and they kept in touch by sending letters to one another when they were kids and would video chat once in a while.

"That's good to hear, sweetheart." Lucas muttered. "And you, son. When are you gonna visit us again?" He asked, now walking towards Ace to give him a hug.

"I haven't even left yet, dad." Ace kidded, making his father smile. They gave each other a side-hug and Lucas ruffled his hair just like he used to when Ace was still a little boy.

"I know, I know. 'Dad's being overly protective and possessive again'." He quoted, mimicking his children. Chloe and Ace both laughed at their father's impression of them. "But in all seriousness, I want you both to know that the house is always open whenever you guys feel like visiting, okay?"

"Thanks, dad." Ace gratefully murmured at Lucas. He will be forever thankful that he was welcomed by such an amazing family with the best set of parents anyone could ask for.

Hilda joined them in the living room with Kyle, Jane, Kelsey and Mason, as well as their children, in tow. She approached her husband as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "I can't believe that the babies in our family are no longer babies." Lucas told his wife, smiling at Ace and Chloe.

"I guess not." Hilda commented as they both watch their children interacting with one another.

"I'm baby, I'm baby!" Khylie, who seemed to have caught the word baby, squealed at her grandparents, reaching her arms out. Lucas and Hilda laughed at their grandchild and Lucas bent down to pick her up.

"Me too, me too!" Melanie, who was just a few steps away from her twin sister said while reaching her arms out to Hilda.

The rest of the family stared the the four of them in amusement. "I guess these two are the babies in the family now." Hilda claimed as she picked up Melanie and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Actually..." Kyle started, earning everyone's attention. "Those two might not be the youngest members of the family." He told them as he glanced at Jane beside him who nodded her head in encouragement. Everyone waited in anticipation, knowing where the conversation was heading to but waited for their announcement anyway. "We're pregnant!" He announced as a series of gasp and congratulations erupted.

"More grandchildren, hon. I'm so happy we're retired so we can spend more time with these little munchkins." Lucas told his wife who grinned at him and nodded her head in agreement.

"We're the luckiest parents and grandparents in the world." Hilda told him before she approached Kyle and Jane to congratulate them.

"I can't believe this! How far along are you? When did you guys find out?" Chloe excitedly asked Jane as they pulled away from each other's embrace.

"I'm five weeks pregnant. We found out yesterday when I went to the clinic because I thought I was having a bad case of the stomach flu. Turned out it's a baby." Jane informed her, earning a delightful chuckle from Chloe.