Chapter 10

A/N: Since I am feeling nice today, here's a chapter full of Chloe and Ace ;)

Happy reading :)
______________________
Chapter 10

Chloe went back inside the house to rejoin the party after she had composed herself. The loud music only annoyed her and put her in an even sour mood. She glanced around the living room and tried looking for her friends in the sea of people. It was already one-thirty and she wanted nothing else but go home and sleep.

"Chloe! Chloe!" Liam yelled after her as she turned around to find him in distress. There, in his arm, was a very drunk Jane. Liam had his arm wrapped around her waist as Jane leaned against his body for support.

"What the hell happened?" Chloe asked in bewilderment. Never, in the history of their friendship, had Jane ever gotten drunk before. Chloe had seen a tipsy Jane, but not a drunk one who was completely out of her mind. She knew her best friend was going to regret it the next morning once the hangover kicks in.

"Don't ask me. It was a good thing I found her before that random a*shole took advantage of her." He said in relief as Chloe supported Jane on the other side. Jane was muttering incoherent words under her breath the whole time. Chloe could only catch a few words like 'a*shole', 'douche', 'jerk', and 'kiss'.

"Are you sure she didn't tell you anything before heading here?" Liam asked over the loud music.

Chloe just shook her head and pointed towards the doors. Liam seemed to have understood what she meant and they started heading towards the exit. On the way there, they found Pia flirting with a cute guy. She was a bit tipsy but once she saw the state Jane was in, she left the cute guy her number and followed after them.

"What happened?" Pia questioned pointedly as she replaced Chloe with carrying Jane so she could fetch the car keys in her pocket and unlock the car. "She never gets wasted." Pia added as Jane pushed her and Liam away and ran to the bush to throw up. Liam groaned in disgust while Pia followed after her and soothingly rubbed her back. Chloe sighed and stared at Liam in defeat.

"Chloeeee!" Chloe heard from the back and twirled half-way to face another drunken mess. Couldn't she get a break from these people? She thought bitterly.

"Woah there, buddy!" Pearson uttered, quickly catching Ace before he fell flat on his face. Ace composed himself and looked up at Chloe again and shot her a lazy smile.

"Chloe! Chloeee! You still owe me." He slurred as he walked closer to her with the help of Pearson. Pearson hissed and cursed under his breath as his best friend carelessly stepped on his toe.

"Ace, you're drunk. Please get him home." She first said to Ace then commanded Pearson.

"No, no, no, no, no..." Ace stubbornly repeated and pushed Pearson away only to lose his balance and Pearson had to rushed to catch him before he could fall over. "You owe me, you owe me for helping you with that Jared thing." He drunkenly repeated and Chloe raised her brows at him as if asking why that favour was coming up now.

"Ace-" She started but was interrupted by him.

"For the rest of the school year!" He suddenly screamed, surprising her and causing Pearson to groan in pain because he practically yelled on his ear.

"What are you talking about?" Chloe asked in confusion, unable to comprehend whatever it was he was saying. She really had enough of these drunk people for the night.

"You-you-you d-drive me..." He stuttered with a goofy smile on his face. "Whenever I want, wherever, you drive." He said, making more sense than before.