Chapter 16

A/N: Belated Merry Christmas and Happy Prosperous New Year everyone!!! Here is my gift to you to start our year right.

Happy reading :)
_______________________
Chapter 16

Chloe stood with her carry-on luggage beside her as she glared at Ace who was currently standing twenty feet away from her, chatting with his friends.

"C'mon Chlo, smile, relax, be happy." Liam soothingly ordered her with a big grin playing along his lips.

"Yeah Chloe, we're on vacation for crying out loud." Jane told her, not the least bit concern that she was the mastermind behind her best friend's coming to the grad trip. "You know, Ace might just start melting if you keep staring at him like that."

Chloe looked away from Ace and now fixed her glare on Jane. Jane's smirk got wiped off of her face and she grimace against her friend's fiery eyes. "Stop that!" She commanded. "Besides, you'll thank yourself later for coming and didn't miss out."

"Good morning everyone!" Mr. Kim, one of the English teachers in their grade, exclaimed to earn everyone's attention. The buzzing around the parking lot gradually subsided and payed their attention to him. "I know you are all excited for this grad trip, but let's tone it down a bit so we can get going."

"Section one, you'll be with Mrs. Halley right over there." Mr. Kim started as he pointed in the direction of Mrs. Halley who was standing next to the coach bus. "Section two will be with the best guardian ever — wink, wink, me." He said, making the students laugh. "And section three, head on over to Mr. Dean right there." He lastly said, pointing to Mr. Dean.

"Section two, come on over and check in with me. We'll take a quick attendance and have everyone settled in the bus." Mr. Kim told his students. Chloe, Jane, Ace, and Pearson were in Kim's section. However, Liam, Pia, Colin, and Jared got separated and ended up in section one. Nevertheless, Mrs. Halley was a better guardian choice than Mr. Dean who was strict and uptight.

They placed their luggages underneath the bus by the storage before hopping on the bus. Jane and Chloe were seated directly opposite from Ace and Pearson. Once everyone was settled down, Mr. Kim got their attention once again. "Alright! We're all settled and ready to leave. Have an amazing trip everyone!" He said before sitting down on one of the chairs upfront.

Chloe was seated by the window and while Ace was seated by the isle. She was still giving Jane the cold shoulder so she decided to plug her earphones in and zoned out the rest of the world.

Five minutes later, her earphones were ripped off of her ears and Chloe quickly turned her head towards Jane, almost giving herself a whiplash. "I've called you like five times. Stop giving me the cold shoulders." Jane demanded as she neatly wrapped the earphones and placed it in her pocket.

Chloe ignored her and rested her head against the headrest before closing her eyes. Jane made an irritated face at her and turned around to face Ace. She pointed at Chloe and made a sign to exchange seats with her. Ace sighed and made a move to switch with her.

Chloe felt movements beside her but kept her eyes close. She was really annoyed that she was forced to come to the grad trip. Stupid Ace and the favours she owed him. She remembered how Ace had helped her study for Calculus and for the first time ever, she had gotten an A in her class. However, since he had no good bone in him and always required something in return, he manipulated her into coming to the grad trip.

"Quit being a baby and stop ignoring everyone." A deep, husky voice said, startling her. Chloe's eyes snapped open and glance beside her. Jane, who was supposedly beside her, was now seated next to Pearson while Ace took the space beside her.